PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
That's another one that I have a pile of and haven't smoked recently... I enjoy it. Maybe TWU for this afternoon.
The Jack Knife Plug I smoked yesterday was wonderful... And the WCC Old Dominion I smoked today was just as fabulous. The benefit of not getting sucked into TAD will be that I can focus on smoking what I have amassed over the years and at least have a chance at whittling down what i have.

Auxsender

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 17, 2022
Nashville
I've always wanted to try this and...and I'm not sure this post has encouraged me to.

El Crappo Tobacco Company needs T-shirts made immediately.
IMMEDIATELY! The public demands it!
@Auxsender : We did some Standard Tobacco of PA shirts without the word 'Janitor' on them. Dan owns the trade mark ™ on SToP and if you ask him nicely he might do El Crappo ones if the demand existed.
If they’re cool looking, could be worthwhile. Who knows. I’d wear one for sure.

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
I’d buy a shirt. Jury’s out on the tobacco. If @woodsroad confirms the current offering is similar, I’ll buy.

If anyone has any of the old stuff, I’m interested. I’ve got an early purchase no-name Meer and a key to my buddy’s house. Game on.
"Were you burning something in here?! What's that awful smell?"

"Heliotrope."

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
I’d buy a shirt. Jury’s out on the tobacco. If @woodsroad confirms the current offering is similar, I’ll buy.

If anyone has any of the old stuff, I’m interested. I’ve got an early purchase no-name Meer and a key to my buddy’s house. Game on.
Last year I smoked the original run and a fresh tin side by side. The main difference was the cut, which for me changed the smoke. The tobacco in the original was much more rounded, however this could be entirely to do with extra 5 years in a tin. the topping felt fuller. I could taste the tobacco and topping equally throughout.

The tin note of the fresh stuff was way stronger, and topping was very forward the point that I couldn’t always taste the tobacco, and was also felt quite thin. But it was also a lot moister, and a lot of these differences became less apparent with significant dry time to get it to how I like to smoke the blend. It is still a very good and unless you were familiar with the original cut or smoking them side by side, I don’t think you would notice the difference.

But yeah, I’m going to sell my fresh tins, or use for blending with homegrown purely because of the cut.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
There should be a re-work around somewhere of the 1930's War Horse Bar advert with the old man and young fellow with latter holding a box of War Horse outside a ship builders yard. The caption was 'Young man can I show you my War Horse?' and then ad line 'War Horse: Tastes like shit. Buy some!'

I love the Dan ads and especially the photo-type tin. That man is a genius with graphics!