PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I wish you guys would figure out how Kentucky Club Mild was made and make a copy. I miss that stuff. But War Horse is some good tobacco. I smoked the green for a while but when I got a hold of a tin of the Bar/red, well this one is terrific! I love it and it reminds me of AVANTI cigars.
Thank you very much, I appreciate your kind compliment.
I'm out of the tobacco business now. These days I mostly sell flammable children's wear and expired infant formula to third world countries. This supplements my income as an organ grinder on the streets of Philadelphia.

clous2.jpg

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Thank you very much, I appreciate your kind compliment.
I'm out of the tobacco business now. These days I mostly sell flammable children's wear and expired infant formula to third world countries. This supplements my income as an organ grinder on the streets of Philadelphia.

So is the green one supposed to be more natural than the red?
I don't do topping very well. But they sound exactly like, what I like.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
@ Piping Abe: I am painfully aware of that fact! The earlier batches tasted like you were smoking a glass of anisette from some Brooklyn pasta restaurant with Cousin Vinny! The most common comparison that both Woodsroad and I heard at the time was that the blend reminded people of those Avanti Cigars you can purchase in packs of five which are flavored with anisette. Even though it was meant to be a 'knock off' copy of Condor, for which it failed, I always remind people that Dr. Kellogg discovered corn flakes by accident and look at how they turned out as a product!

Piping Abe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 27, 2021
Georgia, USA
@ Piping Abe: I am painfully aware of that fact! The earlier batches tasted like you were smoking a glass of anisette from some Brooklyn pasta restaurant with Cousin Vinny! The most common comparison that both Woodsroad and I heard at the time was that the blend reminded people of those Avanti Cigars you can purchase in packs of five which are flavored with anisette. Even though it was meant to be a 'knock off' copy of Condor, for which it failed, I always remind people that Dr. Kellogg discovered corn flakes by accident and look at how they turned out as a product!

I love the Green and have no idea what Heliotrope is. I just think it taste wonderful. I prefer it over the Red. I think i’ll pop a tin.

I also have Avanti Anisette Cigars and love them. I’ll crack the tin and compare.

If you helped create the blend, it is wonderful and I appreciate everything you guys did.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
@Piping Abe: We owned the company 'The Standard Tobacco Company of PA Ltd that was sold to C.I with all the trade marks John Cottons, Bengal Slices, War Horse, Dobies among others about five years ago.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
It is nothing like 'Condor' in any shape of form, I would say it is more 'Pongdor' if anything! Who am I too judge? People love the stuff so in the words of Captain Jack Sparrow 'I am good with that...".
Green is great stuff. It's my main smoke these days.