Might Stick Around
Mar 25, 2020
This was a very pleasant surprise.

War Horse Bar Pipe Tobacco

TobaccoBurley, Dark Fired Kentucky, Virginia
StyleNon-Aromatic
Room Note3 - Balanced

War Horse Bar​

War Horse Bar is a plug tobacco made in the tradition of the long-missing Irish tobacco. Made of darker, earthier leaf, War Horse Bar has a singular top note added, and the tobacco is pressed and cut into plugs. The flavor and body are astoundingly stout, and is definitely meant for the experienced pipe enthusiast. If you love robust and bold pipe tobacco, War Horse Bar will become a staple for you.

This is a great tobacco. Now, take this with a grain of salt as I am naturally drawn to any Vaburs, especially when they have DFK mixed in. With that said, it is a great smoke. This is a very earthy smoke with a touch of cherry smell, even though I don't think it has any casings, so this may just be my taste buds. Lots of hay and tones along with some richer Virginia flavor. Getting used to plug tobacco is something I need to work on, but it breaks apart pleasantly and burns very easily and smoothly. As far as the tobacco itself it has no after bite at all, but I must warn you that it is STRONG. I can't remember the last time I got a buzz off of tobacco, but I have got two from this one tin. One was completely my fault because I ate nothing and went to it. That was a big buzz. The other time was a smaller one, but it was on a second bowl.

I recommend it wholly, and this is going into my stable.

F

fMf Piper

I hadn't yet heard of this tobacco, but I do like dark fired Kentucky tobacco (mostly in cigars so far), and from your description, this is going to have to be added to my list of future tobaccos to try.

Ora Pro Nobis

Might Stick Around
Mar 25, 2020
Good one Jesse, Heliotrope, I had to look that up. I like War Horse Bar and Green both, and that flavor description nails what I've been tasting all this time. Thanks for posting it!
From a flower blog:

Heliotrope, A Favorite of Mine​

This is the first in a series of highlights of certain plants that have found a place in my heart. The first, heliotrope, is a tender perennial which exudes the most pleasant and restful fragrance. Some call it “Cherry Pie”, maybe because the smell is one of those that gives the same homey, satisfied feeling to the soul.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
I see it as an aro in the Gawith sense of the term--really strong tobacco matched with an equally pungent topping. It's entirely capable of ghosting a pipe; however, If you let it dry out for a good long time before you smoke it (like a week or two in advance) the topping is much less formidable.