Welcome New Members. Introduce Yourself. (2)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

casper223

Lurker
Nov 20, 2010
Hello Everyone,

I'm Dave from Slidell, La. I inherited a small collection of Preben Holms Private Collection and Signature Series Pipes along with a few Ben Wades, Stanwells, Savenelli's, and Il Cepo Pipes from my Paw Paw, when he passed. As a boy I always enjoyed the sweet aromas of his pipes and the great conversations we always had seemingly always around the fireplace during hunting season, Guess my Paw paw always realized the comments I made about his pipes and left them to me when he passed in 1995. I missed the step by step how to's, so I've read many articles, and am starting to enjoy the pipes more, Rather than watching them sit on a shelf. Researching some pipe articles, I stumbled across your web site, Seems like a great resource for information. My favorite tobbacco is blended by a retailer on the space coast in Florida, and the blend is named Royalty, It has a great Aroma and Taste, But I have no clue how to get it other than mail order from them. My hobbies include Lake and Offshore Fishing on our 26 ft Catarmaran we named The Nauti Kitty, from Lake Pontchartrain to the Gulf of Mexico, and shooting, Whether it be skeet, trap, rifles or pistols, it's a part of my life i'm not willing to part with. I work in New Orleans for the worlds Largest Coffee Company, Life is Good! Thanks for allowing me into your vast resource of Pipe Information, and I look foreword to researching your forums.

lagavulin92

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 20, 2010
Good day fellow pipe smokers,
I'm Nam from Vienna, Austria. As a Gymnasium (High School) student, I like to

do many a thing but lack the funds to pursue interests you may enjoy (sailing,

offshore fishing, shooting/hunting). So right now I play the guitar (didn't know til

recently that Bach was another pipester), climb indoors, attend whisky tastings,

prepare for college (SATs and APs) and smoke pipes in my free time. Yup, that's me.

lagavulin92

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 20, 2010
Oh, and I like the Irish Flake, Erinmore Flake, and Mac Barens Navy Flake very much.

I took up pipe smoking 2 months ago so there's not much I can say about it.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome Dave and Nam. As Dave says, there is a bunch of info here, so go ahead and see what we have that might interest you here. Don't hesitate to ask any questions and to post as well. You will find us a friendly group.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome Gentlemen,
It never ceases to amaze me; the variety of pipe smokers that meet here and share their passion for this venerable pass-time.

They are varied indeed: Priests and truck drivers, morticians and fishermen, Marines and secretaries, pipe smokers living in Angola, Austria, and Australia, Brazil, Belize, and Britain, Japan, South Africa, and Germany, and of course the good old US of A... Simply amazing.
Welcome to the fraternity!

Dive right in!

groundsar

Might Stick Around
Nov 22, 2010
Hi everyone. My name is Bryan. I'm pretty new to the hobby as I started with a pipe in October. I had smoked a corn cob a couple times years ago but it went to the wayside. I've discovered lately that puffing away while sitting on the porch in the evening was very relaxing and I've really enjoyed it.

I've started visiting a local place with a lounge and meeting other hobbyists. I've read some articles on here already and find them to be informative and helpful. I look forward to the pursuit of my new hobby and learning alot.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Glad to have you aboard Bryan.

Just dive right in with any questions you have on your new passion.

There are a lot of very friendly and knowledgeable folks here just itching to offer their thoughts.
Can't wait to see your pictures and posts!
Welcome to the fraternity!

seakayak

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2010
Welcome to the great family of pipe smokers. You will find this site, and those who inhabit it, to be an island of gentlemen amidst a sea of 21st century Type A adrenalin junkies. Relax and enjoy.

para82frame

Lurker
Nov 23, 2010
Hello, my name in Andrew M. I live in Southern California, I am an LVN and a casual pipe smoker trying to get away from cigarettes, again.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome Bryan and Andrew. Jump right in with any questions you may have, along with any posts. You'll find a lot of info here, along with a lot of friendly puffers here.

ulsterpaddy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 22, 2010
Hey guys. Im from Vancouver Canada. Brand new to smoking a pipe. I am loving how it is growing on me. Very awkward the first time (due to caring too much about if i was doing it right staying lit packing ect) with every smoke it has become more and more enjoyable and comfortable. My first tobacco has been camptain black gold and i have bought a cheap straight briar pipe. after two weeks im already super excited to get off this aromatic stuff and get some imported irish/english blends from the cigar store near my work.
p.s.

MAD MEN made me want to smoke a pipe
nice to meet you all.
Clay

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome stevewales and clay. Jump right in with posts and any questions you may have. Take a look around and see the left side of the page for a number of features.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome stevewales and clay. Jump right in with posts and any questions you may have. Take a look around and see the left side of the page for a number of features.
Well said KR.
If you have questions; we have a lot of friendly (if some what irreverent) folks that are willing to shovel their opinions.
Welcome to the fraternity all new members.

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
I'll extend a Canadian welcome to Clay (ulsterpaddy), as I live just across a body of water from him in Victoria. And tonight I am in fact in Vancouver on business. No time for pipes tonight, though. Any recommendations on Vancouver tobacconists, Clay?
Simon

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Lots of new guys... This is great!
Welcome to you all.
All of you new to the pipe; just dive right in with the questions if you have them.

We love questions. :?:

We love pictures. 8O

We love knockers. :wink:
Theirs a bunch of great folks here.

We're glad to have you in the fraternity.

Status
Not open for further replies.