Welcome New Members. Introduce Yourself. (2)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaxz

Lurker
Apr 23, 2009
Hello all....re-introduction here. It's been about a year or so since I first popped in.
Anyway, Mike here. Currently active duty living out of WA state now; originally from Florida. Bob introduced me to my first pipe and tobacco almost two years ago and I've been hooked since. I've gone through spurts over time with the pipe but I'd say I've pretty much crossed over now from cigars.
I've got a small collection of pipes which I love and my cellar is growing as well. I lean heavily towards English blends, but have some aromatics and VA on hand.
Looking forward to getting to know everyone (again) and contributing as best I can.

flylot

Might Stick Around
Dec 17, 2010
Greeting from Houston!
I am a long time cigar smoker that recently turned to pipes, starting with an MM and some samples from Serious Cigars here in town, In a manner of a few short weeks have acquired a Salvinelli bent and a couple of estate Dunnies and an estate Jost. I have also tried many blends:
aromatic:

Blue Note

Lanes 1Q

C&D Autumn Evening

DAN Sweet Vanila honey Dew

Solani Sweet Mystery

(prefer 1Q and Autumn Evening)
non aromatic:

Mac Barren HH Mature VA

Gawith Bright CR Flake VA

McClelland VA #27

Dunhill Early Morning Pipe

Dunhill Nightcap
I really like the Nightcap!!
At times I suffer from sensory overload and thus will revisit these blends again.
I'm a member of The COB club (crusty old b*st*rds) at the ripe age of 60, but have youthful exuberance dealing with my new found addiction :).
Glad to be here!

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome aboard flylot and jaxz.Jump right in with posts and any questions you may have. You'll find us a friendly bunch.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Welcome Flylot!
Welcome back Mike! I hope see more posts from you in the future. Be sure to get you "pipe recruits" that you have to get onto the site as well.

jaxz

Lurker
Apr 23, 2009
I'm slowly but surely exposing my young whipper snappers, hope to get them to stop by here. Funny how life sometimes comes full circles.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome to all you new guys!

Jaxz glad you're back, and thank you for your service to our country, my family, and me.

Flylot, I love Bill the Cat... AKKK!

fusionbear66

Lurker
Dec 18, 2010
Greetings from Whittier, CA
Been a Pipe smoker for a while, just found this site. Used to hang out with the Orange County Pipe club, but my work schedule pretty much quenched that...

cavemanz

Lurker
Dec 21, 2010
hello Ladies and Gents, new here writing in from Kuala Lumpur Malaysia...quite ciggies and been smoking cigars for years. just bought myself a big ben cobra pipe and a dutch masters cherry cavendish earlier today. had a smoke just now..accidently inhalled....doesnt taste good at all. need to learn how to smoke the pipe...used to smoking shisha or hookah...inhaled the smoke..
do i need to break in the pipe..the rule of third?

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome fusionbear and cavemanz. Hope to see many posts from you guys. Jump right in with any questions you may have. We are a friendly bunch here.

page

Lurker
Dec 22, 2010
Well, my grandfather and great grandfather used to smoke a pipe, and I recall with great fondness the scent and sight of these great men indulging in their most prized hobby. As a 25 year old female, I have always felt like it was a 'guy's only club' and didn't really give pipes much thought - until one of my dear male friends insisted I give it a shot. I smoked my first pipe nearly 5 months ago, and today I just bought the first pipes of many to come. Though this pipe purchase is my boyfriend's Christmas present (we are embarking on the hobby together!), I'm fairly certain I'll get my own here pretty soon.
Anyhow - I'm really excited to be here and to learn about pipe smoking!

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome page. You will find many similar stories here. Jump right in with posts, pics and any questions you may have. Check out the left sidebar for a ton of info.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome Viceroy. You'll find us a friendly bunch of puffers. Don't be shy with posts, pics or questions. You'll also find a lot of info here if you poke around some.

Status
Not open for further replies.