Welcome New Members. Introduce Yourself. (2)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

joebig

Lurker
Nov 30, 2010
Hi all,
I'm from Pine Mountain, Ga. I'm 54 years old and haven't smoked a pipe in like 20 years.

I've decided that it's time to drop the cigarette habit and start with the pipe. I don know where to start but am going to visit the smoke shop tomorrow and try to get a clue.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome joebig. Glad to have you here. Hope to see alot of posts. Ask any questions you may have. There are many puffers here with lots of info. Speaking of info, take a look at the left hand sidebar and there is a ton of info there to help you out.

Dec 1, 2010
Hello all! I'm Carl, 21, from Virginia. I love my Captain Black and strong English blends. I'll be here and I'm looking forward to reading, commenting, and observing. If you have any questions or comments, don't hesitate to contact me.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome Carl. Don't hesitate to post comments or any questions you may have. Poke around and check out all the info available here.

jsharp

Might Stick Around
Dec 1, 2010
Dandridge, TN
Hello everyone. I've been checking out this site for a few days so I thought I would join. I have owned a pipe for almost 10 years, but really started smoking it about 1 year ago. I just received my first Peterson in the mail yesterday, and mainly smoke things that "smell good" from a couple local shops.

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
I am not a new member but I have been absent from the group for a good while. I had to go out of state to find work and had no internet. Finally I'm back home and working close to home and back online, it sure feels good. I wanted to say hello to all my old friends and also say hello to all the new members I have yet to meet. I'm still smoking my E A Carey's and my cobs, still enjoying my drug store blends and a bowl of latakia as often as I can afford it.
...May your bowl always bring pleasure and may your pint never go empty

hueitzcoathl

Lurker
Dec 1, 2010
Oddly enough I found this website while reading through Smoke Magazine and complaining that there isn't enough out there for pipe smokers to my fiancee.
I've been a pipe smoke for about a year and a half, came over from smoking cigars which I've been doing since I was 19 or so.
I'm interested to see what kind of discussions go down in a place like this. And I'm hoping to make some new pipe smoking friends.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome aboard. There is a lot of info here to look into. The left sidebar has a lot of info. Hope to see any posts or questions you may have. We are a friendly bunch here with a wealth of info.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
Welcome back jwp159, and welcome to hueitzcoathl.... I am sure you will find most of the conversations that go on here stimulating, and if not, start your own conversations!

johnnyrebel

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2010
Hey guys, been checking out the forum for a bit now..but finally broke down and made an account.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome jsharp and johnnyrebel. Hope to see many posts and any questions you may have. Jump right in, this is a real friendly group with lots of info.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
The new members are coming fast and furious.

This is great!
Let me welcome all-y'all (Southern speak). :D

There are a lot of very friendly folks here anxious, and willing to answer any and all of your pipe smoking questions.

So, don't be shy. Just dive right in.

Be sure to read the stuff in the green "sticky" area at the top of the forum page, that'll get you off to a good start.
We're glad to have you in the fraternity!

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
Hello folks,

I'm a very new pipe smoker from Newfoundland in eastern Canada. Owing to my isolated geography, I've only smoked Captain Black White and Sail Green every now and then. But I've just placed my first order to 4noggins today, hoping to get a taste for some quality aromatics and basic English blends in the next little while. There's a lot of good information to be found on these boards, hope to get to know you gentlemen a little better while I learn a thing or two about the pipe; it's something I've enjoyed from the get go. Please channel your collective will or use any other imaginable psychic means to deliver my imported tobacco safely and inexpensively! I'm very eager to be initiated :)

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome Sparroa!
We're glad to have you in the fraternity.

We have a number Scandinavians and Canadians on the site, all great people.

Don't be shy, just dive right in.

We love questions, and comments.
Thanks for accepting the friendship request.

Status
Not open for further replies.