PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
Sitting on about 130 lbs with over 150 different blends. I like variety. The main reason I started is because I listened to old sages like Sable and cigarmaster. They kept pointing out that the prices now and this was in 2013 will never go down and/or they may not be available anymore. Then I figured out by watching pipestud's website that if I didn't like a certain blend after 5 years of age I could sell it for double to quadruple the price of what I paid for it. Glad I listened cause I'm sitting on a crap load of McClelland and other blends that are no longer being made. Back in those days you could get stuff from McCllelland that already had five years on it.

turtlehead

Might Stick Around
Jan 1, 2022
Citrus Heights, CA
timhalberg.com
Sitting on about 130 lbs with over 150 different blends. I like variety. The main reason I started is because I listened to old sages like Sable and cigarmaster. They kept pointing out that the prices now and this was in 2013 will never go down and/or they may not be available anymore. Then I figured out by watching pipestud's website that if I didn't like a certain blend after 5 years of age I could sell it for double to quadruple the price of what I paid for it. Glad I listened cause I'm sitting on a crap load of McClelland and other blends that are no longer being made. Back in those days you could get stuff from McCllelland that already had five years on it.
Well, I can maybe use this to explain to my wife that I haven’t scratched the surface… and that it’s an investment

huckleberry

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2017
Kentucky
I would guess I have around 20 to 30 lbs stashed in various nooks and crannies, (with stashed pipes too). I have a wide variety of many different blends, as I like about everything to a certain extent. I am partial to English and especially Gawith and Hoggarth Black Irish X and hope It breaks loose soon, as i am getting a little low...

I don't have many Aromatics as I have not been able to acquire the taste for them, but I keep trying some mild ones to see what develops rotf

Makembake

Might Stick Around
Oct 24, 2022
Australia
I have only been smoking pipes for a relatively short while, in that I started a ways back, stopped, then resumed it again recently. So far I have only got a little collection of tobacco, but I thought I'd share it with you here. As you can see, my little collection is primarily made up of Peterson tobaccos. I do very much look forward to expanding my options in the near future!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1739.jpeg
    IMG_1739.jpeg
    186.3 KB · Views: 37

cwpiperman

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2018
I smoke about 4 bowls/week, give or take. At an average of 3g per bowl, I want enough for 25 years. That should require about 34lbs. Currently, I'm running at about 20 in the cellar, but it's rather a guess. I'm going to try to add the remaining 14lbs via limited releases and deserted island blends.

My reason for cellaring is three-fold: hedging against price increases, aging, and hedging again against bans on online sales, as I'm not in an area that has any nearby B&Ms.

Local Weather for Pilots/Geeks
010322Z AUTO 28016G25KT 4SM -SN BKN022 BKN029 OVC048 M03/M07 A2999 RMK AO2

cwpiperman

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2018
I have only been smoking pipes for a relatively short while, in that I started a ways back, stopped, then resumed it again recently. So far I have only got a little collection of tobacco, but I thought I'd share it with you here. As you can see, my little collection is primarily made up of Peterson tobaccos. I do very much look forward to expanding my options in the near future!!!
LOVELY Tolkien Collection!

Makembake

Might Stick Around
Oct 24, 2022
Australia
Thanks cwpiperman! Yes, as you can tell, I'm quite an avid Tolkien fan and I love the slipcased hardback editions. Believe me, as expensive as tobacco is here in Australia, these Tolkien books definitely dip quite deeply into your wallet as well!! Having said that, both are eminently worth it in my humble view. I believe Tolkien smoked primarily Capstan Blue (?), which I've never tried before. What are others' views on Capstan Blue?

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Thanks cwpiperman! Yes, as you can tell, I'm quite an avid Tolkien fan and I love the slipcased hardback editions. Believe me, as expensive as tobacco is here in Australia, these Tolkien books definitely dip quite deeply into your wallet as well!! Having said that, both are eminently worth it in my humble view. I believe Tolkien smoked primarily Capstan Blue (?), which I've never tried before. What are others' views on Capstan Blue?
Capstan Blue was one of the earlier flakes I tried and it's still memorable. I'd definitely have no problem having lots of it around.