PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
It's not gonna be as good as all those beautiful $20 per lb cheeses, but it's still good. Better than the average generic store brand at least. But if it makes a "Meatless Monday" a more enjoyable experience for some, it's a step in the right direction. And, as you said, if you've given up real cheese for personal reasons, it great... I mean, compared to most other vegan cheeses.
With all of the advancements in the last few years, I expect these vegan gourmet cheeses could catch up to the dairy versions in the near future.
I sure hope so, man. Cheese would be by far the hardest thing for me to give up with a vegan diet (other than my game meat, that is). Lucky for me I'll never have to give up the latter, as I find it to be the most ethical food one can consume.

Reactions: rushx9 and BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Also important to note that none of these changes can, on their own, prevent an early death via fat-fuckery. Without portion control (which is where I struggle the most) you still have a lot to work on.

I eat as ethically as I can, and as healthy as I can outside special occasions, and I'm still ridiculously overweight with high blood pressure.

No diet can save you from a lack of exercise and portion control.
This is true. I hate food already so I’m halfway there

• Haha
Reactions: rushx9 and JOHN72

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Honestly this looks fucking disgusting
Right now it does. But give me 6 beers at 11PM and that shits going in my face at full speed.

That is why I rarely have 6 beers. I am perfectly civil, but become a raving beast when it comes to food. You could tell me there's pizza in the woods and I'd sprint in barefoot ripping my hair out and speaking in tongues and gobble it down like a bear on a muskox carcass.

• Haha
Reactions: BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Right now it does. But give me 6 beers at 11PM and that shits going in my face at full speed.

That is why I rarely have 6 beers. I am perfectly civil, but become a raving beast when it comes to food. You could tell me there's pizza in the woods and I'd sprint in barefoot ripping my hair out and speaking in tongues and gobble it down like a bear on a muskox carcass.
I used to be like that when I drank. I would often blackout drive to Wendy’s and eat like 6 junior cheese deluxe and 25 nuggets.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I used to be like that when I drank. I would often blackout drive to Wendy’s and eat like 6 junior cheese deluxe and 25 nuggets.
I don't blackout drive anywhere. Or blackout for that matter, haha. When it comes to driving , drinks consumed in under an hour = limit 1. 1 hour or more = limit 2. Hard and fast rule.

And of course, when it comes to the airplane, the old adage "8 hours from bottle to throttle" must always be respected.

The fast food binge I can relate to though. Every so often my brain shorts out due to some minor life obstacle and I just go on autopilot to the nearest grease hut and pile garbage into my face until I hate myself. It is a truly disgusting display.

But my personality is such that the other options are either pure sobriety or mainlining heroin, neither of which sound any more desirable.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I don't blackout drive anywhere. Or blackout for that matter, haha. When it comes to driving , drinks consumed in under an hour = limit 1. 1 hour or more = limit 2. Hard and fast rule.

And of course, when it comes to the airplane, the old adage "8 hours from bottle to throttle" must always be respected.

The fast food binge I can relate to though. Every so often my brain shorts out due to some minor life obstacle and I just go on autopilot to the nearest grease hut and pile garbage into my face until I hate myself. It is a truly disgusting display.
This was in college

I barely ever drink now.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
It’s because of animal suffering, wise guy. Not because meat tastes bad.
Animal suffering? Seriously? Seriously?

It always amazes me when people put animal lives suffering in front of human lives suffering, yes, that’s what that means.

Well, I’m deeply concerned with human suffering, but here’s the thing, people die and animals die. Nothing gets out alive.

And as far as meat tasting bad, what kind of shitty cooks have you been hanging out with?

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA

It always amazes me when people put animal lives suffering in front of human lives suffering, yes, that’s what that means.

Well, I’m deeply concerned with human suffering, but here’s the thing, people die and animals die. Nothing gets out alive.

And as far as meat tasting bad, what kind of shitty cooks have you been hanging out with?
I said it’s not because it tastes bad. Read it again.

and sure, fuck humans. We can help ourselves, captive animals cannot.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA

If you feel animals and humans are the same stop by your local slaughterhouse and ask how much to have yourself cut up. Or bring your dog and ask the same.

Reactions: JOHN72
I had a roommate in grad school who was a vegetarian also. She kept a big bottle of pond scum in the fridge that she drank, I think it was called spirillum or something like that. She was always eating weird stuff to give her the nutrients and stuff she wasn't getting from meat.
She also avoided the sun at all costs. So the stuff turned her green.

Having been in art departments all throughout college, I knew lots of vegetarians and vegans, but they were all having issues because of their lack of a proper diet. I mean, sure, you can say that it is ok to eat all vegetarian or vegan, but everyone I ever knew who ate this way had to amend something that they weren't getting.

Sure, sure, religious reasons, or you love animals... sure sure... we can spin all day on whether letting cows and sheep go back out into the wild is humane or not. but, it seems kind of weird for a guy who says that letting a cat stay outside is inhumane to make that argument.

Horses are such a weird thing to see people keeping nowadays. Most people who keep them just do so as field decorations. They are like the MySpace of work animals. And, I guess that makes donkeys the Yahoo Messenger of animals.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Please explain how eating plants results in human suffering? Aside from lack of accessibility to affordable quality food (a direct result of the mass meat industry) I'm not sure at all how they are correlated.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe

And as far as meat tasting bad, what kind of shitty cooks have you been hanging out with?5f5b8da87495284806009cfc3f6b91c3.gif
what kind of shitty cooks have you been hanging out with? rotf puffy

Reactions: BROBS

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I had a roommate in grad school who was a vegetarian also. She kept a big bottle of pond scum in the fridge that she drank, I think it was called spirillum or something like that. She was always eating weird stuff to give her the nutrients and stuff she wasn't getting from meat.
She also avoided the sun at all costs. So the stuff turned her green.

Having been in art departments all throughout college, I knew lots of vegetarians and vegans, but they were all having issues because of their lack of a proper diet. I mean, sure, you can say that it is ok to eat all vegetarian or vegan, but everyone I ever knew who ate this way had to amend something that they weren't getting.

Sure, sure, religious reasons, or you love animals... sure sure... we can spin all day on whether letting cows and sheep go back out into the wild is humane or not. but, it seems kind of weird for a guy who says that letting a cat stay outside is inhumane to make that argument.

Horses are such a weird thing to see people keeping nowadays. Most people who keep them just do so as field decorations. They are like the MySpace of work animals. And, I guess that makes donkeys the Yahoo Messenger of animals.
These are anecdotal examples. Do a little research on what a healthy plant based diet looks like and you will see that it is entirely possible to eat that way and remain healthy, if not healthier. If the subject matter interests you that is (which I have to assume it does since you are keen to express your thoughts on the matter). If not, then don't bother.

• Love
Reactions: rushx9
These are anecdotal examples. Do a little research on what a healthy plant based diet looks like and you will see that it is entirely possible to eat that way and remain healthy, if not healthier. If the subject matter interests you that is (which I have to assume it does since you are keen to express your thoughts on the matter). If not, then don't bother.
I would research it if I actually gave a flying fuck. I am going on talking to people over the years who have tried to maintain a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle. most just don't stick to it. I don't care either way.

So, the guy up in the wild who blows animal's brains out to eat is defending the vegan, ha ha.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
captive animals cannot.
Game animals can. Trust me, they are far better at staying alive in the woods than any human will ever be. We are just another predator in their eyes, and believe me, they will win 95% of the time. We are just damn lucky that deer don't eat humans. We'd have been eradicated from this planet millenia ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.