PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Smoking pipes indoors was a precondition for moving in together with every woman I've lived with. I smoked indoors in my wife's apartment until she became pregnant, at which time I was banished outside with my pipe and forced to smoke while sitting or standing on various uncomfortable outdoor structures like a vagrant. After enduring two winters of well-below freezing weather I began smoking in the sun room. The wife understands. I think everyone is entitled to one well ventilated smoking room in his home, at a minimum. That residual "stink" everyone keeps referring to is called a "room note" by the way. :LOL:

DAR

Can't Leave
Aug 2, 2020
Tiburon, California
I used to smoke anywhere and everywhere in my houses but after moving to what is my dream house I realized that I don't like what smoke does to the walls and ceiling and the stench it leaves in nooks and crannies is not pleasant either. I try to keep it outdoors and occasionally wander indoors for something or the other. My wife does not mind pipe smoke and tolerates cigar smoke but it's mostly me that prefers smoking outdoors. I might go for one of those indoor air purifiers at some point but I'm ok with smoking outdoors for now. Smoking while gazing out at Richardson Bay from my yard is not a bad thing.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
I always smoked in my house, dated and married my wife and continued smoking in my house until my daughter was born last year, and then I moved out to the front porch (by my volition, the spousal unit never said a word). I'm not a fan. Camp chairs aren't as comfortable, no roaring fire, the cold is....cold, and the summers are humid. Not to mention I try to have my smoking done before dark, as my house is on the every 2nd or third day route of a 500lb black bear and I'm don't want to have to shoot him....nor do I want to be his dinner.
Sooner rather than later, I'll be building our new home, and will have my study/smoking room....and hopefully a secret passage to a laboratory or dungeon, which will also be a smoking area.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I smoke inside, but only in my kitchen right next to the window with a window fan blowing out. The window is an odd height - the sill is right at my collar bone if I'm sitting in a chair, so the fan blade is within a couple of feet of my pipe. It works perfectly, and there's never any lingering smell. I'm sure my wife wouldn't want smoking inside otherwise, but we've never really talked about it because neither would I.

Reactions: bnichols23

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
I’ve had houses I smoked in and houses I didn’t. I prefer the non-smoking houses (or just occasional smoking houses). Smoking just isn’t that important to me.

Reactions: DAR

marconi

Part of the Furniture Now
May 17, 2019
England
I smoke outside on my patio/deck all year.I like smoking outside on a cold winters night thermal hat pulled down hands in coat Jaw hanger in mouth looking at the stars.

Mar 29, 2016
My better half (apparently) wouldn't give me another chance to pollute our living space. Apparently I'm lucky to still have one ??‍♀️?
I really dislike the smell of tobacco smoke in an closed location, especially in a pipe and cigar lounge that's full of people. And I can't stand cigarette smoke even outdoors. It's a personal choice that I think is healthier in the long run.

Kilgore Trout

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 5, 2019
Curious to know if you smoke in your home and is your significant other ok with it?
I smoke outside only as my wife can not stand the smell of tobacco burning.
Late to the game, but I smoke pipes in the house. I've found that pipe tobacco doesn't linger the way cigarettes and cigars do. I only smoke cigars outside... usually.

Reactions: keith929 and edger