PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Oh I'm getting barked at, BUT when it has a nice room note(s) then it isn't so bad... LOL

Going to be buying real soon a Blueair Air Purifier... :)

P.S. You need a Man Cave, or late night puffing in the Living Room when the Mrs goes in the bedroom with the door closed... ;)

Papamique

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 11, 2020
I smoke mainly in the basement with a window open or in my car. It is too damn cold up here to smoke outside much and I am more comfortable in the basement with something to drink. It does stink up the house a bit upstairs so I mainly limit it to 1-2 bowls inside and the rest in my car.

Wife doesn’t like it one bit no matter what I’m smoking and she lets me know it but she knows and understands how much I like my pipe so she compromises with me. We are partners for life.

Infantry23

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 8, 2020
Smithsburg, Maryland
I have an office where I smoke with an open window and a desk fan blowing the smoke out. However, the office is right next to the dining room so I won't smoke near mealtimes. Also, now that it's cold I don't want to leave the office window open to freeze out the house so I smoke outside or in my basement while woodworking. I NEVER smoke latakia in the house. My better half is not amused by latakia.

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Well, I'm rather surprised to hear that many here are chased out of their own homes to have a puff [Like a puppy with excessive gas :ROFLMAO: ]
I would not be okay with that [And might go some way to explaining why I'm now single . . . and loving it :LOL: ]
If I were cohabitating I'd smoke semi-aro's inside and probably save my 'stinky' ones for when I was outside.

When I smoked cigarettes i always smoked outside when my boy was home but when I switched to a pipe when he was 14yo he told me not to because he enjoyed the smell of my pipe blends.

When I entered my living space in the mornings my home usually smelled of stale cigarette smoke but I've not noticed any smell since switching to a pipe.

I'm not entirely certain but I think that smoking low nic mild blends goes some way to explain why that is.