PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I'm an occasional/hobby smoker, maybe one bowl a week. If I were an all day/everyday smoker, I'd probably be smoking in the house. Constantly going outside all day long to smoke my pipe would be a pain in the ass.

I've been married 42 years and yes, I'm happy. Half of the house belongs to my wife.
I guess I could smoke inside my half. rotf

Papamique

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 11, 2020
You guys are going to make me rethink my indoor smoking. I do NOT care for the odors left over in the basement even though it is only two bowls down there with the window open it still stinks. Hmmm comfort and convenience VS stink. I will probably change my evil ways, one of these days....till then I’ll just keep.....

Scottishgaucho

Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
The missus likes to see me smoking the pipe so doesn't mind me smoking in the house.....she doesn't like cigar or cigarette smoke though.
To be honest I much prefer to smoke outside but if I do smoke inside it'll be in the kitchen next to the open back door.

I find that aromatics smell the worst in a room after a while. Latakia is a close second. I really like the way latakia smells in the room when first lit, but by the bottom of the bowl... blech.

Straight Virginias. Try smoking that inside. I bet everyone loves it. People always compliment the way my house smells. It's homey.

Cigarettes, never. Cigars... my wife would kill me. But, a straight Virginia, and everyone is happy... unless you're weird or something. puffy

fightnhampster

Aug 14, 2019
Indiana
When I was formerly in an apartment I smoked in my car during the winter and during bad weather in the summer. Now that I am a home owner I have a nice sized outbuilding that I use year round. I use an air filter in there and a large construction propane heater in the winter.

Fresh pipe tobacco smoldering away in the pipe smells great. It’s that stale old ashtray smell I’m trying to avoid.
When we come home after travel, the smell of tobacco greets us at the door, and it is very warm and homey to us. It is nothing like an ashtray or bar room. Virginias just don't stink like those other blends.
Even my once tobacco-nazi wife loves the way our home smells. And, folks will usually say something positive about the aroma when they visit, even non-smokers.

Maybe you guys just don't love tobacco like the rest of us do. puffy Tobacco haters. ;)

stokesdale

Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
Even though I'm not allowed to smoke in any of our homes (wife's rules), I probably don't want to anyway. Our primary home is an old farm house here near Stokesdale, and it probably doesn't matter here anyway because many generations of ancestors that lived here smoked inside the house and the house always has that old house smell if you know what I mean, but our other two properties are really nice and I personally don't want to diminish that with pipe smell. Overall, it's just always been a habit to step outside to smoke.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
When we come home after travel, the smell of tobacco greets us at the door, and it is very warm and homey to us. It is nothing like an ashtray or bar room. Virginias just don't stink like those other blends.
Even my once tobacco-nazi wife loves the way our home smells. And, folks will usually say something positive about the aroma when they visit, even non-smokers.

Maybe you guys just don't love tobacco like the rest of us do. puffy Tobacco haters. ;)
I’ll be honest, I might not have given it a fair shake. I know my shop will get to smelling like an ashtray/bar, but it might be because I dump my ashes right on the concrete floor. ?
When it starts smelling that way, I just blow out the shop with a leaf blower.

brut666

Oct 7, 2020
Kent, "The Garden Of England"
Either in the garage or one of the sheds.
I did convince her once that it didn't smell like cigars and what little smoke did come out of the pipe as I told her they are almost smokeless ?, didn't stay around like a cigar either.
Sat in the arm chair next to a window, picked a nice smelling tobacco, got all comfy and excited, thinking this is it, smoking indoors, nice.
Lasted 10 minutes then I got booted out ??.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
I can’t enjoy my pipe when I’m freezing my arse off and my significant other at the moment is a cat so yes I light em up indoors. Besides my coffee will go cold with my first pipe of the day if I went outside at this time of year.

Reactions: edger and scloyd