New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re not telling him about the ones that ain’t got no business wearin’ that shit but do it anyway! ?
Oh, so you're one of those where if all the women in the world took their shirts off, you'd complain about the ones that you didn't want to see. Whereas, I wouldn't even notice them for all the nice tatas bouncing around out there. Ha ha.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Everyone makes such a big deal about California, but the states that have been the biggest drain on the Feds, have always been Alabama, Mississippi, New Mexico, Kentucky, West Virginia... etc... But, no one ever makes jokes about these states getting kicked out of the Union. Hell, each of those states I mentioned alone use more federal funds to keep them going than California. Kentucky is way more of a burden on the US than California. puffy

But, that'd probably be political.
Are you kidding me? I made ton of joke about WV. It's all relative!

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Comical to claim that a place with foul tasting tap water like Los Angeles, water being one of crucial factors to a good pizza dough, has a superior product to a one of big cities in the USA that actually has very good water: NYC. Anyways, it's a very small point considering Southern California will likely never rectify it's increasing lack of the substance, water I mean; not vapidness obviously.
Don't knock it until you're tasted it.

Comical or not, it's not the 1970's any longer, when the food scene in LA was largely a joke. It hasn't been the 1970's for over 40 years and a lot has changed.

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Right? The last time I mentioned the poop on the streets of SF a mod got all pissy and erased my post...

I was last in San Francisco in the mid 90's. Chinatown was amazing and it was nice to drop by 2400 Fulton (Jefferson Airplane mansion) and see the Dead house on Ashbury St. Food was great in Chinatown, but ok elsewhere.

If SF, or California itself for that matter, is so great then why are there continual mass exodus events as each wave of ever more progressive laws are passed?
Gee, what a shame that political discussion is against forum rules.

Perspective is a funny thing; what you call ''progressive'', sensible people see as oppressive, authoritarian bureaucratic overreach gone mad.

Wish I could say more but I'll be a good boy and behave. :)

Drop into Beyond The Fringe forum for a chat where I can really let rip. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: edger

blues4goose

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 15, 2019
Bethlehem, PA
Reading through this thread, it's pretty obvious that it's been a while since the majority of you have signed a lease for an apartment.

Banning tobacco smoking, or smoking of any kind in apartments makes no difference at all, for the simple reason that there are no landlords left who allow smoking in their rental units. Cannabis or tobacco, it doesn't matter. I live in Pennsylvania, previously AZ, and have had several apartments from several different landlords, and it was always an eviction if you get caught smoking anything inside. I have my MMJ card in PA, and it's specifically stated in my lease that I can't even vape inside. My understanding is this is the case mostly because any smoke will wreak havoc on HVAC systems, which my apartment doesn't even have. Nor do I have carpets or drapes. It's just standard,

I haven't read through the new laws in detail, but I would also assume that just because cannabis smoking indoors is legal, it doesn't mean landlords can't still prohibit cannabis smoking if they so choose. I would also assume that this doesn't apply in any way to a home that you own and are not renting.

Jan 27, 2020
Don't knock it until you're tasted it.

Comical or not, it's not the 1970's any longer, when the food scene in LA was largely a joke. It hasn't been the 1970's for over 40 years and a lot has changed.

Now I remember, you were the former pizzaiolo at Jimbo's Clown Room.

Well, one thing I'm sure we can agree on is LA had a lot more water in the 70s.

Reactions: edger

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Nor do I have carpets or drapes
Surely you have walls and a ceiling. Paint soaks up the stale smoke, ergo, the rooms reek and must be cleaned, perhaps repainted after you move on. I fully understand property owners not wanting to undertake such expenses simply to allow a smoking tenant. If you want to smoke, offer up a $5000.00 cleaning deposit. Might work!

Reactions: jpmcwjr and edger

kola

Lifer
Apr 1, 2014
Colorado Rockies, Cripple Creek region
I hate the smell of cigarettes. The stuff reeks and ghosts everyone who smokes and everything around them. Some cigars can be a bit much too. And although I don't smoke weed I like the smell of it. San Fran ? I've never been there and have no desire to go there. Every city seems to have its plus and minuses. I prefer the smaller remote country towns.

Status
Not open for further replies.