PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
¡Hola! Hablo español tambien porque soy salvadoreña pero vivo en Canadá. Feliz año nuevo!?
Un placer y un calido abrazo desde España.Mi ingles escrito no es muy bueno,pero agradezco la paciencia de los compañeros..........?Muy feliz de tenerla en este foro maravilloso..............Le deseo un prospero y feliz año 2021.......?

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Welcome from the sticks of Mississippi!
My wife and I have both been smoking a pipe since the early 1980s. She doesn't smoke much anymore because of some health problems, but she still likes the smell when I smoke, and she'll take a puff or two off of my pipe.

This was taken a few years back.
View attachment 58435
Health problems suck. I hope she's well otherwise.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
The ladies come but they don't stay. Though I wouldn't put it past one or two dumbass lads to come on to a woman who lives hundreds or thousands of miles away, I don't think sex per se is the issue. Instead I think it is the male attitude that permeates the posts and the atmosphere we create.

Some men don't talk to others often, some not at all. Whatever the periodlcity, I think we are all very aware that we post publicly. You could say that a public venue is why we post. You could say that we never forget this.

The comradery the men enjoy is denied women by sex. No one's at fault; they simply haven't had the training.

A man is free to approach any man while as a rule women don't reach-out to men. Though very unlikely, sex muddies the waters, and maybe the public in the posting isn't as big a thrill for woman.

In any case I think the women don't stay because of the isolation.
I doubt that's the reason. I'd wager if woman aren't staying (for even short stays) there are a few people that don't know how to be civil and have left some private messages that would curl our hair if we read them. I could be jumping to conclusions, based on what's happened on other forums I've been on. Where a small minority of guys either jumped into the private messages with this sad assumption that they were going to score or worse with messages stating that this is a place for guys. Although that is precisely what happened on a few of the other forums I used to belong to that where made up of almost all dudes. And yes I got to see the messages or screen shots. And the saddest part is I am sure everyone would be happier getting rid of the sleaze and misogynists. Hopefully I am completely wrong and there aren't one or two fellows here who ruin things for everyone.
What you've described I think that falls under precisely what was expected. And would explain people slowly posting less and then eventually disappearing more of a fading out not a mass exodus that seems to just happen one day.
I hope I am wrong but I've seen exactly what I described happen on a few forums. And it really was just a handful of really sad individuals who felt that the world revolved around them and their wants. And one of the sad things was the amount of time they could dedicate to ruining the conversation and forum almost as if they had no life outside of the internet. And if I am right seriously report those guys I'd rather be rid of two faced snakes then literally anyone else.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
That's a great humidor and your daughter is so cute there ?
Thanks for the nice comment. She is my oldest daughter and she is currently in her second year of law school. If my father were alive he would be very proud as he owned his own corporate law firm in Boston, for 40 years. I was the black sheep of the family until I started popping out kids for him to play with and starting my own businesses helped so he finally got off my ass about law school.

Smoke Queen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2021
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Thanks for the nice comment. She is my oldest daughter and she is currently in her second year of law school. If my father were alive he would be very proud as he owned his own corporate law firm in Boston, for 40 years. I was the black sheep of the family until I started popping out kids for him to play with and starting my own businesses helped so he finally got off my ass about law school.
Interesting! I work at the courts here in Toronto but I am on the administrative side not adjudicative side. I am a supervisor for the administrative staff in one of the courts in downtown Toronto. I also did mediation and appeals resolution, I've worked with the government for a very long time in many different ministries. And after long and stressful days at work I relax smoking pipes and cigars ☺️?

Status
Not open for further replies.