PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
The ladies come but they don't stay. Though I wouldn't put it past one or two dumbass lads to come on to a woman who lives hundreds or thousands of miles away, I don't think sex per se is the issue. Instead I think it is the male attitude that permeates the posts and the atmosphere we create.

Some men don't talk to others often, some not at all. Whatever the periodlcity, I think we are all very aware that we post publicly. You could say that a public venue is why we post. You could say that we never forget this.

The comradery the men enjoy is denied women by sex. No one's at fault; they simply haven't had the training.

A man is free to approach any man while as a rule women don't reach-out to men. Though very unlikely, sex muddies the waters, and maybe the public in the posting isn't as big a thrill for woman.

In any case I think the women don't stay because of the isolation.

Reactions: anotherbob

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
PS:
You can put your location in your Profile—(please!—because people will forget!) That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc., etc..
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. Just country if you must.

Smoke Queen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2021
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Ok, please don't take this the wrong way and that I am trying to hit on you in anyway. I am 63, I have a live in caretaker because I am in such bad shape. I would have sworn you were in the same age range as my 30 year old son and my 27 year old daughter.

My 18 year old daughter lives with me most of the time but also lives with her mom whenever she wants. She likes living with me more than her mom because I have no problem with her boyfriend sleeping over when she wants and she can't do that at her moms because of her step dad is a much more religious type of person. Me, I am going straight to hell and have no problem with that. I remember when I was 18 and I refuse to be a hypocrite.

I was a big cigar smoker at one time. Here is a pic of my old humidor and my oldest daughter when she was like 2 or 3.
That's a great humidor and your daughter is so cute there ?

Smoke Queen

Jan 2, 2021
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The ladies come but they don't stay. Though I wouldn't put it past one or two dumbass lads to come on to a woman who lives hundreds or thousands of miles away, I don't think sex per se is the issue. Instead I think it is the male attitude that permeates the posts and the atmosphere we create.

Some men don't talk to others often, some not at all. Whatever the periodlcity, I think we are all very aware that we post publicly. You could say that a public venue is why we post. You could say that we never forget this.

The comradery the men enjoy is denied women by sex. No one's at fault; they simply haven't had the training.

A man is free to approach any man while as a rule women don't reach-out to men. Though very unlikely, sex muddies the waters, and maybe the public in the posting isn't as big a thrill for woman.

In any case I think the women don't stay because of the isolation.
I belong to a pipe group on instagram called Briar Bastards and Briar Bastards North America chapter and all the brothers are respectful I never had any issues. This is why I decided to reach out in other places like here. I don't think it would be different.

Smoke Queen

Jan 2, 2021
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
What are some of your top ble:col:nds? Would be interested to know what a REAL WOMAN likes
I like a bit of everything but I really love Cavendish, Virginias for my corncob pipe, and I'm really liking a Solani that I tried recently. I'm a cigar smoker and still consider myself a newbie with pipes so I know I still have a long way to go to try more blends but that's one of the most interesting parts about this journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.