PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
Mine just arrived. Tin note and colour remind me of HH Burley Flake. Here‘s a pic of a single flake with a flake of Bold Kentucky for comparison (BK = on the right). Texture and structure seem to be indistinguishable from “regular” tobacco flakes. Gonna load up a bowl now, and you’ll hear from me, if I survive it.

:sher:

B794C3E2-1019-41DC-8123-580AA9534DA7.jpeg

Last edited:

burleyboy

Jul 30, 2019
Europe
Anyone know a neighbour of burleyboy we can send to check in on him?

Alright. So I’m pushing the dead man’s button. Actually, this is definitely a strong blend, as I’m coming towards the end of the bowl. I also had suspected, that it might be less strong than bold Kentucky, but this turns out to be wrong imho.

Tastewise, this is a very interesting blend. It has the Burley and Virginia notes, that are comparable to HH Burley Flake, but the whole experience is accompanied by some intense peppery, spicy notes, which tend become a little bitter from time to time... The retro hale is fairly nutty with a punch of pepper, that is actually so strong that it had made me sneeze.

It behaves well, rubbed out in my pot shape pipe with a little drying time.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Alright. So I’m pushing the dead man’s button. Actually, this is definitely a strong blend, as I’m coming towards the end of the bowl. I also had suspected, that it might be less strong than bold Kentucky, but this turns out to be wrong imho.

Tastewise, this is a very interesting blend. It has the Burley and Virginia notes, that are comparable to HH Burley Flake, but the whole experience is accompanied by some intense peppery, spicy notes, which tend become a little bitter from time to time... The retro hale is fairly nutty with a punch of pepper, that is actually so strong that it had made me sneeze.

It behaves well, rubbed out in my pot shape pipe with a little drying time.
Woo Hoo! Sounds pretty good! Did you get it from Pipe Republic? Hey Per Jensen... Send it across the ocean please! Pandemic or not... We demand Rustica! :ROFLMAO:

burleyboy

Jul 30, 2019
Europe
Woo Hoo! Sounds pretty good! Did you get it from Pipe Republic? Hey Per Jensen... Send it across the ocean please! Pandemic or not... We demand Rustica! :ROFLMAO:

I got it from the site cigarworld.de - this and Pipe-Republic.de are the only ones in Germany, who offer the blend for the moment. Others are supposed to get it by the beginning of May.

Now, as I had my second bowl in a bigger pipe, I'm pretty sure, that it is a good amount stronger than anything of the stronger ones I had before (OJK, Bold Kentucky and SG Brown N° 4). And I'm even more assured that I really like it in regards of taste and strength. It's kind of a miracle, that Rustica hadn't been used for commercial blends for such a long time and I'd appriciate, if this HH blend wouldn't remain the only one of this genre.

Mr.Mike

Nov 11, 2019
Pennsylvania
I'm really looking forward to this flake. I've smoked a bunch of homegrown rustica (makhorka) in Russia when out in the country visiting. That's all my wife's Grandpa smoked, usually in a cone of newspaper. They mix in chopped up stem material to moderate the nic content. They still sell the industrial makhorka. It's pretty rough stuff, kind of like smoking wood chips. I can't wait to taste what MacB does with rustica.
Wow that's hardcore lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.