PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 13, 2020
missouri
I made an order from SP very early this morning, and I opted for the free shipping and wouldn't you know it, its being sent by UPS, who will then hand it over to USPS. its going to take 2 extra days to get here...smh first world problems.

The last time I got free shipping it was sent via USPS, so Idk what kinda shenanigans SP is trying to pull.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I made an order from SP very early this morning, and I opted for the free shipping and wouldn't you know it, its being sent by UPS, who will then hand it over to USPS. its going to take 2 extra days to get here...smh first world problems.

The last time I got free shipping it was sent via USPS, so Idk what kinda shenanigans SP is trying to pull.
Dang I hope they didn’t switch to that UPS/USPS horseshit for everything.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
From the MB site, translated by Google:

The Nicotiana Rustica is the sister of the tobacco plant that we know and love (Nicotiana Tabacum). Native to the Amazon region and other parts of South America, the plant and the various types of use spread throughout the American continent. The English settlers found the rustica tobacco in North America in 1607 and saw how the native Indians smoked the tobacco in clay pipes.

Since the nicotine content of the rustic plant is unusually high, however, it quickly went out of fashion when the Virginia and Burley tobaccos known today were discovered and spread. Today, tobacco on a rustic basis can only be found in Eastern Europe, the countries of the Middle East and Asia.

A new process was developed to make this very potent tobacco edible for the German palate. The tobacco leaves are sun dried and thus retain their natural sugar. Dark Virginia and Burley were also added to balance the flake. Like all flakes of the HH series, the Rustica was also hot pressed, which allows the tobacco flavors to combine optimally and to mature through a light fermentation.

Despite all these measures, the HH Rustica still has a very high nicotine content, it is by far the strongest tobacco in the Mac Baren range and is probably one of the strongest pipe tobacco worldwide. We recommend that you eat well and use a small pipe before enjoying this flake, but don't be put off; the Mac Baren HH Rustica is probably the most extraordinary tobacco of recent years and an absolute pleasure experience.
_____

Guessing that art wouldn't be any stronger than GH Dark Flake.

Before quitting I'd have had to get a tin. But because of the cost of tins I doubt I'd have cellared it. My style was that in 2013 when I stocked up I cellared 45 500g units of Dark Flake.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I used to smoke full-bodied cigars, and in particular I remember some a triple maduro, filler, binder and wrapper all off that cure. When my stomach got jittery, before it turned, I would just keep on smoking; why stop now? When it turned I would bolt for the ivory tower, therein to place the product of my predigestion. Forced to stop smoking, I then refined my early warning system to be alert to how my stomach felt just before the imminent evacuation. At this point I had three seconds to put the cigar down.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Revision:
I used to smoke full-bodied cigars, and in particular I remember a triple maduro, filler, binder and wrapper all off that cure. My stomach got jittery, but before it turned, ignorant of the nicotine progression, I kept on smoking; why stop now? It turned and I bolted for the ivory tower and therein placed my predigestion. Further forced stops helped me refine my early warning system: obey the three second rule and put the cigar down.

Reactions: lightmybriar
Status
Not open for further replies.