PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

twoonefive

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 6, 2014
Willow Grove, PA
pipesandpens.com
Surprisingly Burley-forward taste! I am pretty sensitive to nicotine, so I was worried, but so far, it is perfectly palatable and tame. The flavor is like a very refined Black Rope so far. It is very full tasting, but not in an offensive way. There is a verrrry faint natural cherry taste way in the background? This is is an interesting tobacco, and I’m glad I got some!

Appreciate the review! Sounds like a winner, I cant wait to get mine.

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
I'm smoking my first bowl now. It's pretty tasty. First impression is that it's very like semois, but with a little more sweet and fruit. Not sure, but I think I'm getting a little nic bump, but nothing crazy. Should be a great up-and-at-em morning smoke.

Scottishgaucho

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
This is the twist grown and processed here in northern Argentina that I smoke. No idea how strong it is compared to other types mentioned here though. To prevent any chance of me ending up in hospital through smoking it I always use a small bowl. ;)

WP-20171218-003.jpg

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
I had a quick taste of the HH Rustica yesterday. I feel like the tin needs to breathe for a few weeks to develop a little depth before it can be evaluated properly. There are deep cigar-woody-leather notes that I get from Dark Plug (Gawith, Hoggarth & Co.) also although it's somewhat lighter in body. The nicotine is in that ballpark as well. I didn't come anywhere near the threshold of discomfort, but I didn't test my luck and push it either. It'll be interesting to see what this develops into in a few week's time.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Had a few bowls now. Strong ketchup, vinegar tin note for me. I also agree it is fairly light in body. Cigar like notes is what I am mainly picking up. Burns fairly well once dried out but requires several relights throughout the experience. Had some gurgling each time in the pipe. Retrohales do not offer much in increased taste or body. Pretty strong in nic but I do not find it overwhelming. A good smoke but...

For the 1st time in my purchasing history I probably over bought a tobacco and I tend to buy a lot of something when I do buy. With 10, 3.5oz tins I have enough for 2 lifetimes. Will finish the tin and see how it plays out but if I want a strong blend I am not sure I will reach for it frequently.

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
Had a few bowls now. Strong ketchup, vinegar tin note for me. I also agree it is fairly light in body. Cigar like notes is what I am mainly picking up. Burns fairly well once dried out but requires several relights throughout the experience. Had some gurgling each time in the pipe. Retrohales do not offer much in increased taste or body. Pretty strong in nic but I do not find it overwhelming. A good smoke but...

For the 1st time in my purchasing history I probably over bought a tobacco and I tend to buy a lot of something when I do buy. With 10, 3.5oz tins I have enough for 2 lifetimes. Will finish the tin and see how it plays out but if I want a strong blend I am not sure I will reach for it frequently.
That's how I feel about s&g dark Birdseye..love the taste not the strength..so I don't reach for it often. I only picked up a few times for novelty. Maybe I will try them someday.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I guess now the question for me is how it will age. Not a lot of information on aged Rustica.
Rustica has 3% sugar so by itself probably not a lot of change much like burley. The Virginia content of HH Rustica will be the biggest factor.

Reactions: burleyboy
Status
Not open for further replies.