PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
Interesting! The German tin has nothing about limitation written on it, though it comes as a 50g tin only. Maybe only this 3.5 oz tin is limited?
Was the tin size the same in Europe? The description on Smokingpipes.com states, "Only 7100 tins of this special edition blend were produced worldwide." Maybe this is just extra marketing for the USA market because we seem to eat that stuff up! ;)

Update: Interesting, I found the European tin at an online store and it's only 50g compared to the 100g/3.5oz tin here in the USA. So, the it's not really clear if the 7100 tins refers to the larger tins only, all tins, or is mostly irrelevant.

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
Was the tin size the same in Europe? The description on Smokingpipes.com states, "Only 7100 tins of this special edition blend were produced worldwide." Maybe this is just extra marketing for the USA market because we seem to eat that stuff up! ;)

That's my suspicion, too. Tin size in Europe is different. Only 50g tins are available here, lacking any notes about limitation.

Reactions: BROBS

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I had some Tambolaka when 4noggins sold it, and it was good if you treated it with respect. I'm not a big craver of nicotine, but it had plenty. i think it was an air cured Indonesian burley variety.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
The rustica snuff I’ve had wasn’t pleasant. On one hand it’s nice they are exploring something that has fallen out of fashion or whatever but on the other, I don’t think most people who are into the varying nuances of blends are interested in getting obliterated on nicotine.
I've never gotten a nicotine hit from smoking a pipe.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I can forgive the "Limited" aspect if they know they aren't going to be able to put it into permanent production due to regulations.

According to their own print this is limited to 7100 tins worldwide so they won't be able to produce more than that under this labeling. They could slightly alter the blend if they wanted to though. It's questionable if they could leave the blend exactly the same and put it into different sized tins or simpley change the label. Their advertising print isn't clear enough to make a determination but as noted about not being permanent production I doubt they are worried about it at this point.

I ordered 4 tins and I'm not sure I'll ever get through all 4 tins but probably at least 2.

Reactions: 3rdguy and BROBS

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
Just ordered one tin-already reached my budget limit last night when I saw they had Rattray’s in stock...but I’m not passing this up. I’m really looking forward to all of us getting the blend right around the same time and seeing the reaction.

As far as the “limited” thing goes, I figured it was just for this run...but seeing 7100 tins, I felt I’d better snap one up as quick as possible, so I guess I’m a sucker?

Jwebb90

Lifer
Feb 17, 2020
Ruse, Bulgaria
Wonder why they are using UPS now...
I received an order from them today and for the first time ever SP was sloppy on their packaging. I had to double-check and make sure I did not order from P&C. Mine came via UPS and it was absent of the typical "packaged with care by" paper. Not sure why they are going this way...

Reactions: 3rdguy
Status
Not open for further replies.