PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Mac Baren has earned the presumption of quality from me. I’ll try it before all the reviews are out. The HH line
Seriously?! It's a friggin' limited edition? Part of the joy of MB as a brand is the reliability and availability of their blends. This certainly puts a bit of a damper on my entgusiasm. Maybe they had announced this previously, but if so, I completely missed it.

They had an Old Dark Fired plug a while back and a one time re-release of Burley London Blend.

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
Ordered two tins. I think with the strength alone it will be a tobacco used seldomly, as I have a ton of other strong blends that would suffice. Anything MacBaren though is earns a spot in my ledger and 3.5oz tins make for a good cellar. Almost half a pound I think I'll be set. 7100tins? I'll leave some for the others. I can't even begin to imagine smoking the tobacco I have now in a lifetime, and it isn't even that much compared to some of you old farts!

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
They had an Old Dark Fired plug a while back and a one time re-release of Burley London Blend.
I know they've done LEs previously but I everything I'd seen led me to believe this was the new addition to the HH line, a regular release. Maybe they had announced it and I just missed it.

While I understand the concept of everything being limited due to pending regulations, I guess I'm just not a true believer. Don't have the money to invest accordingly anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
I know they've done LEs previously but I everything I'd seen led me to believe this was the new addition to the HH line, a regular release. Maybe they had announced it and I just missed it.

While I understand the concept of everything being limited due to pending regulations, I guess I'm just not a true believer. Don't have the money to invest accordingly anyway so it doesn't really matter.
Not sure if rustica is a widely cultivated commercial tobacco. This may be a trial run.

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
Seriously?! It's a friggin' limited edition? Part of the joy of MB as a brand is the reliability and availability of their blends. This certainly puts a bit of a damper on my entgusiasm. Maybe they had announced this previously, but if so, I completely missed it.

I guess, if it were a limited edition, they'd explicitly say that to generate even more desire.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Not sure if rustica is a widely cultivated commercial tobacco. This may be a trial run.
Good point. I could understand if they didn't want to order bales upon bales or contract for a ton of one-blend leaf without knowing if it will be a big seller. Maybe they'll keep it going if it does well. One one hand, it seems like a no-brainer. On the other, I don't think Bold Kentucky is a huge seller, which is their closest comparison

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
I guess, if it were a limited edition, they'd explicitly say that to generate even more desire.
So far, this run is being promoted as limited.

003-039-0112.3317.jpg

Reactions: BROBS and burleyboy

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
So far, this run is being promoted as limited.

Interesting! The German tin has nothing about limitation written on it, though it comes as a 50g tin only. Maybe only this 3.5 oz tin is limited?

Not sure neither, but as far as I know, it is widely used in hookah tobaccos, so commercial cultivation, respectively availability shouldn't be a big problem.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2020
The rustica snuff I’ve had wasn’t pleasant. On one hand it’s nice they are exploring something that has fallen out of fashion or whatever but on the other, I don’t think most people who are into the varying nuances of blends are interested in getting obliterated on nicotine.

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
The rustica snuff I’ve had wasn’t pleasant. On one hand it’s nice they are exploring something that has fallen out of fashion or whatever but on the other, I don’t think most people who are into the varying nuances of blends are interested in getting obliterated on nicotine.
And yet, I can’t get Gawith rope easily online.

Status
Not open for further replies.