PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
They are saying it's not power but potentially the fuel pump. We will see if the other teams have similar issues. Last week looked like a shit show for Red Bull. lol

trudger

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2019
‘Burbs of Detroit
Hamilton will get little air time if he’s not performing (thank goodness). Loved the action with Ocon and Alonso and the finishing laps for the close guys. Great race with close action and tactics while driving with DRS. Can’t wait till we are off the street type circuits.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Lots of good things about this season! It's much more exciting watching Hamilton pass car after car coming from the back vs. watching him lead the whole race starting at pole!

Reactions: trudger

Pazzerpipe

Might Stick Around
Mar 26, 2022
Liverpool, UK
I'm still a fan but, not as much as before they started over regulating the cars and making it less driver v. driver. So, I'll monitor this thread through the season.
I love speed so have been an F1 fan for many, many years but agree it's become all about the cars. Guilty of snobbery, I never bothered to give IndyCar a look believing it to be simply turning left for 2 hrs but I gave the Indy 500 a go when Fernando Alobso entered it and I was blown away! Insane speed and wow, those corners cause some spectacular crashes! I immediately followed the rest of the season and every season since. Variety is great with ovals, street circuits and tracks plus the main attraction...no one car is technologically superior so 8ts all about driver skill, the way it should be.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Glad to see Max back on the top step of the podium. The battle between him and Leclerc should be good this season. I'm sure Mercedes are putting all their financial muscle and talent into finding a solution to their current problems. If they get it right then their unique 'no sidepod' design could be really fast.

Jun 9, 2018
England
I believe the pink on the Alpine is temporary. They will soon be mostly blue with some pink shortly.

This car (below) is what got me into F1. Not the best car of the season, but perhaps the prettiest ever. In my opinion.

View attachment 136944
My top 3 are the McLaren MP4/4 that Senna won the title in.
pq8yq1ralfh71.jpg

The Ferrari 641 from 1990
1990-FERRARI-641-HEAD.jpg

And the Williams FW14 that Mansell & Riccardo Patrese drove
the-fascinating-story-of-how-cosworth-helped-restore-four-legendary-f1-cars-154141-7.jpg

The cars were much more beautiful in the 1980's and 1990's.

Flatfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 20, 2022
West Wales
Interesting to see the changes in bodies over the years.

Flatfish- what year and track, please?!
1990. Maybe 1989.
Photo found on google.
Track unknown but it could be during test because there is some black contraption growing out of the sidepod. Hilly circuit wherever it is. Plus the rain. My best guess would be Belgium.

Reactions: jpmcwjr