PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Bbailey324

Lifer
Jun 29, 2023
Austin, TX
Rattray's Exotic Orange was one I found completely repulsive. I like orange but that perfumey orange note is repulsive. That and I smoked it in one of my favorite Va and Va/Per pipes at one point and it took forever to get that ghost to leave. Velvet is another one I can't stand. I generally like codger burlies but that one tastes like play doh to me.

Pooh-Bah

Can't Leave
Apr 21, 2023
Central Maryland
Half and Half did nothing for me, but it's been greatly improved by a few months in a humidor-jar-thing with some aromatic dottle and a splash of creme de violette.

I'll actually say Saint Bruno is the worst. Because it smells nice and I like it, but it hurt my tongue every time I smoked it.

grimpeur

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 30, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
Rattray's Exotic Orange was one I found completely repulsive. I like orange but that perfumey orange note is repulsive. That and I smoked it in one of my favorite Va and Va/Per pipes at one point and it took forever to get that ghost to leave. Velvet is another one I can't stand. I generally like codger burlies but that one tastes like play doh to me.
Ooof! Yeah, I forgot about Exotic Orange...or did I repress the trauma? Absolutely the most "ghosting" tobacco I've ever encountered.

This may be the blend that I would say, if this is all there was, give me some cigarettes.

BingBong

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2024
London UK
Captain Monochromatic, Royal Yuck, Condor Blue (Anyone remember that one?) Clan, Three Nonsense, all of them are horrible in their own special way and taste like you are smoking a dumpster!
Three Nuns was my long time OTC codger blend, but after it became Two Nuns, I drifted away from it.

Clan I had a poor experience with in the 1970s; I'm told it's "not what it was nowadays" and my mind can only boggle.

RookieGuy80

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2023
Maryland, United States
I could cheat and say any cherry blends I've had. I decidedly do not like cherry or cherries outside of the traditional garnish in a Manhattan. But Mrs. Rookie likes cherry, so I choked down a few tins/ounces trying to find a compromise.

I think my "worst" would be either 1Q or Sutliff Apple. 1Q at least mixes into other blends allowing me to empty the jar. It's not as much as it was bad tobacco, but the flavor was not for me. Sutliff Apple was just so disappointing to me. I had hoped for an apple flavored aromatic. Instead I got hot air in a pipe.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Most of the Gawith Lakelands are way out of bounds for me, but I do appreciate the tobacco blends in them. Not so with 1Q and Captain Black Grape. Neither of them have any redeeming value to me, and are best used as rat poison. I’m sure there could be other blends that I’d find revolting, but this forum has helped me avoid them (can you say Non Plus Ultra?).

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
C&D epiphany. It's rough, acrid, I think the only tobacco that I can say I absolutely disliked
That's a weird one. The first part of the tin is always tasty for me, and I wonder why I don't make it my main blend, and by the end it's back to tasting like a rough jumble of tobaccos. I suspect it's very dependent on that topping to tie everything together.