PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

grimpeur

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 30, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
There’s many I’m almost 100% sure (almost) that I won’t be buying again, but I can’t say I’ve met a tobacco yet that I can say I’ll never smoke again.
That's pretty much my position too.

If I had to pick something that was a "not likely to try again anytime soon", anything by Borkum Riff. I know it's sold throughout much of the world, but I just can't handle their blends.

@BingBong , as one who recommended Mahogany: sorry brother!

mpjetset

Starting to Get Obsessed
Worst for me was something that tasted and smelled of Vicks rub. I've blocked the name. It wasn't one mentioned earlier this morning. This was 20+ years ago. I was assured it would grow on me so dedicated a nice little Dunhill to it, which I could not purge later using all the alcohol and salt treatments, and have not smoked since.

Sig

Can't Leave
Jul 18, 2023
Western NY
Bayou Morning.
I know, I know, most people like it, but I cannot smoke it.
I originally thought it was the amount of Perique in the blend.
But, I now believe its just how the Perique interplays with the other components maybe. There are other blends that have the same amount or MORE Perique which I love. Va/Pers are one of my favorite genres.
I bought a pound of it about 8 years ago and did not like it.
I put it away until this Spring, and I still dislike it.
Ive given a bunch away and will continue to give it away.
Bayou Morning with 8 years of age might be some guys dream.....its still my nightmare. :)

mpjetset

Starting to Get Obsessed
I cracked a tin of GH Mahogany last night and rather regret that one. Not my kind of thing, along with #7 Broken Flake. I'll still try to conquer it though.

@bassbug can I have the perique you don't like? :)
How old was the Mahogany? I didn't like it either but found the old re-sealed tin and looked twice at it, looking back at me.

Reactions: Friendly Piper