PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonutLuvr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2019
Butler County, Ohio
I went through several cans, and even more cans of Mississippi River a few years ago when I started piping. I went on a buying spree and have a few pounds of each cellared away. They only see the light of day in the fall now and even then I’ll smoke just a couple of ounces. My tastes have definitely changed, what was once love has faded away. Maybe I’ll appreciate it again one day but for now I’m a Virginia junkie.

MidnightPuff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 6, 2020
Ohio
I like it. If I'm in the mood for that type of smoke it'll do. However, I keep plenty of Bengal Slices and Fusiliers Ration on hand for when I crave those types of smokes. Both of those tobaccos are better than Plum Pudding IMO.

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
I enjoy Plum Pudding quite a bit. I've had it fresh within a few months of manufacturing, after a decade of aging, and in between. I think it's a very good blend.

I've tried the alternative versions as well, but prefer the main blend. It's certainly not my favorite English blend, but definitely in my top ten, if not my top five.

The first time I purchased it was on the recommendation from the local B&M as an alternative to Penzance. I ended up liking Plum Pudding more.

Just goes to illustrate the YMMV principle. Come to think of it, I hadn't had any for a few months... maybe I'll go crack open a tin.

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
I first tried and enjoyed Mississippi River several years back, which lead me to try Plum Pudding. I did not like it at all, but after a little age and trying it in the right pipe everything changed and I now enjoy it once in a while.

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
I’m a big fan of Plum Pudding, though I will say the blend changed somewhere along the way. Maybe more than once? PP was the second pipe tobacco I ever bought sometime around Fall 2018 and I was immediately hooked. The cut of the new version is different and it tastes less Perique-y or has otherwise lost some of its zest. Still a great Balkan, albeit a bit overpriced.

Status
Not open for further replies.