PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

NC TX ID pipeman

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 25, 2021
North Carolina,Texas,Idaho
Last month I opened 2016 tin of Plum pudding and just finished it up...That thing was amazing!!absolutely top of the line tobacco...I only have to say that in certain few pipes it was just ok ...but most of others it was amazing...For comparison I opened 2020 tin of Plum pudding special reserve and it cannot hold the candle to the 2016 original PP...Special reserve is smoother but missing that special kick from orientals of 2016 version...

CallMeSangy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2022
Central Virginia
i've got a 4 oz tin coming in soon and i hope it's worth the cost. first time trying plum pudding in general and hope it'll be good. i'm not picky on taste so a bulk blend goes miles for me if i like it, so hopefully i don't get buyers remorse when i could just get 16 oz of something else for the same price.

Reactions: bullet08 and JOHN72

wolflarsen

Jul 29, 2018
WTF is wrong with you guys?
Plum Pudding is awesome. Period.
All of you haters are obviously either extremely confused or seriously messed up.
I highly recommend having your doctor check that out before it gets any worse.
How is this even a topic for discussion?

tmcg81

May 8, 2020
NJ
I don't know why, but when I started smoking a pipe I got it in my head that none of the SPC blends were good. I've never tried any of them, so I know that my opinion doesn't really count. But I remember being in the depths of a latakia buying and smoking bender and seeing Plum Pudding for sale and being like "there's too much stuff going on here." So, basically, I'm insane. I'm not going to buy any, but if it's what you love and it makes you happy to smoke, ignore a bunch of idiots on the internet.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
WTF is wrong with you guys?
Plum Pudding is awesome. Period.
All of you haters are obviously either extremely confused or seriously messed up.
I highly recommend having your doctor check that out before it gets any worse.
How is this even a topic for discussion?
Considering the statistics in the thread, you might want to rethink that. Were I still in the first few years of smoking I may have agreed but now Plum Pudding is just an unremarkable English blend in a sea of them.

Reactions: bullet08 and JOHN72

CallMeSangy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2022
Central Virginia
I don't know why, but when I started smoking a pipe I got it in my head that none of the SPC blends were good. I've never tried any of them, so I know that my opinion doesn't really count. But I remember being in the depths of a latakia buying and smoking bender and seeing Plum Pudding for sale and being like "there's too much stuff going on here." So, basically, I'm insane. I'm not going to buy any, but if it's what you love and it makes you happy to smoke, ignore a bunch of idiots on the internet.
Fair enough. sounds like the classic hipster mentality "it's popular so it's probably shit." now that's likely not exactly how you've got it worked out for yourself, but it happens. i don't watch Fox TV because I'd rather not watch a dramatized Clinton, Monika show or another drama on the OJ Trial. Though i've started up Better call Saul, which i thought was overhyped, and it's been great.

That take on the latakia is the same way i am about it. an aro with lat has me a bit off put ever since trying lane HGL. i'd rather just keep it to my englishes. i can't imagine how the hell it'll taste like plum pudding with that in there, but oh well.

Reactions: bullet08

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Fair enough. sounds like the classic hipster mentality "it's popular so it's probably shit." now that's likely not exactly how you've got it worked out for yourself, but it happens. i don't watch Fox TV because I'd rather not watch a dramatized Clinton, Monika show or another drama on the OJ Trial. Though i've started up Better call Saul, which i thought was overhyped, and it's been great.

That take on the latakia is the same way i am about it. an aro with lat has me a bit off put ever since trying lane HGL. i'd rather just keep it to my englishes. i can't imagine how the hell it'll taste like plum pudding with that in there, but oh well.
I have a few tons (clearly) would you like me to send you a couple hundred pounds to try? ?

Reactions: bullet08
Status
Not open for further replies.