PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

btp79

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2018
Sugar Land, TX
Not replelent to me, but I have a blend I like to call Night Brother. It's a 4:1 of night cap and 5 brothers. Sometimes I need a little extra vitamin N when we've had a few drinks at the deer lease. My friends like the smell, but they find regular nightcap strong so.......:)

Reactions: BROBS

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I think I'm one of the few that might would actually like Holly's NPU... I like every Lakeland I've ever tried, the soapier the better. A forum member is sending me the remaining contents of his tin of the second most despised blend ever made, Elwood's #2 Flake, and I'm pretty stoked to find out just how weird my tastebuds really are!

I’m with you on that one! And I really enjoy Elwood Flake, a friend of mine sent me a generous sample, it’s totally unique, good stuff!

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
No my friend. It will be that Ecclesiast's Plug I have been smoking. Funny enough I have had a recurring dream that I had died and arrived at the gates of heaven and St Peter had checked me out on the data base and told be I could enter paradise but only after the formality of the cavity search. Thankfully I always wake up at that point!

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
No my friend. It will be that Ecclesiast's Plug I have been smoking. Funny enough I have had a recurring dream that I had died and arrived at the gates of heaven and St Peter had checked me out on the data base and told be I could enter paradise but only after the formality of the cavity search. Thankfully I always wake up at that point!
IF IT HAPPENS IN THE DREAM IT HAPPENS FOR REAL

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
The rope is coated and baked in oil during processing (olive oil, not motor oil). That's the source of the strange burning oil flavor when it's smoked.
Of course. I should have known that; I've watched the GH video more than a few times.

After I wrote my post, I turned on my electric stove to boil some water. The smoke from the oil splatters on the heating element, burning off, smelled exactly like the Black X. Yeech.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
That one has been on my list to try for awhile, for that very reason. Reading that a blend is like "old lady perfume" is a big turn off to me, but motor oil? gasoline? Yeah I'm in and I'm odd.
No, not gasoline. I mean, we all knew a kid who liked to sniff gasoline, right? There's something there that's kinda sweet and attractive. But the stuff on Black X is olive oil. And I bet they aren't using extra virgin. So, try heating a hot frying pan til it smokes and you'll get an idea of Black X.

bmdfm

Lurker
Jan 13, 2013
Newport, New Hampshire
For me it has to be Cult Blood Red Moon. I heard so many great things about it I bought a couple of tins. I opened one up, loaded a bowl and tasted nasty Robitussin flavor. So bad I jarred it up and gave it to a guy at work. He kept thanking me for it but I told him to hold off on the thanks until after he tries it. He may just be cursing me at that point. I told him that I feel as though I should buy him an extra special tin of something he really likes as a peace offering after pawning that crap off to him. I'm really not a fan of aromatics but some are ok. Haven't found a single cherry one that I could stand though. ?

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
No, not gasoline. I mean, we all knew a kid who liked to sniff gasoline, right? There's something there that's kinda sweet and attractive. But the stuff on Black X is olive oil. And I bet they aren't using extra virgin. So, try heating a hot frying pan til it smokes and you'll get an idea of Black X.
Where Black X is made there are no virgins, much less an extra virgin.

Status
Not open for further replies.