PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
We've all smoked pipe blends we didn't like, but what is the hell-blend that really stays with you? I'm talking about the one you can taste even now. . . being so repugnant that it's etched into your brain for life.

For starters:

- Three Star Blue: truly an unmitigated aromatic catastrophe. This blend is Satan's asshole.

- Jackknife Plug: A tin note of rancid apples with a generous helping of homeless shelter. It smokes okay but the tin note is a crime against humanity.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like burley ... a lot. But I've had some air dried Haitian leaf that is all bite and no flavor. Second only to some primo holiday blends that were all chemical burn from the flavoring, all that cinnamon and Pine Sol. I like Three Star Blue, though I had to let it age for a year or so; when I came back to it, it was downright civilized. Bayou Night from C&D was pretty rough the first go around, but I must have liked it well enough for the second order, which was much more mellow. I just ordered another small quantity. That's one blend the new ownership improved, I believe.

Bowie

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota
We've all smoked pipe blends we didn't like, but what is the hell-blend that really stays with you? I'm talking about the one you can taste even now. . . being so repugnant that it's etched into your brain for life.

For starters:

- Three Star Blue: truly an unmitigated aromatic catastrophe. This blend is Satan's asshole.

- Jackknife Plug: A tin note of rancid apples with a generous helping of homeless shelter. It smokes okay but the tin note is a crime against humanity.
I was thinking of buying some Jackknife Plug. Now I'm wary yet also strangely intrigued to try it.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Caminetto Barollo a potent combination of Cherry urinal cake flavoring and dumpster fire tongue bit.

Carter Hall is the second from recent memory. I didn't know there was a topping that simulated a mouthful of angry wasps but they achieved it.

I know it heresy to most but McClelland ketchup Virginia blends tasted disgusting to me. They made some wonderful English blends but smoking something that smelled like regurgitated ketchup never appealed to me.

Last edited:

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
I know it heresy to most but McClelland ketchup Virginia blends tasted disgusting to me. They made some wonderful English blends but smoking something that smelled like regurgitated ketchup never appealed to me.

Yeah, I had a problem with McClelland too. I started out a big fan, but eventually the incessant ketchup aroma started to be revolting to me. I still smoke them from time to time but I don't really miss them the way some people do. Their green label oriental series is pleasant and has no ketchup.

Status
Not open for further replies.