PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
How much better was the Belicoso after a year, I’ve always been curious if they can even get that much better as they’re already so good and I have a hard enough time keeping them longer than a month.

Also man, $186 for a box of 50 on those “A’s” Now would be the time to pull the trigger on those if you like them. I’d almost blind buy a cab but I fear the pepper might be too much for was the Belicoso after a year, I’ve always been curious if they can even get that much better as they’re already so good and I have a hard enough time keeping them longer than a month.

Also man, $186 for a box of 50 on those “A’s” Now would be the time to pull the trigger on those if you like them. I’d almost blind buy a cab but I fear the pepper might be too much for me.
Please keep in mind that while I have smoked cigars for 20+ years, it's only for thee past 3 that I've been really serious about it.

That being said, it's hard for me to think of a Davidoff that I liked fresh. But 6+ months of box time and they're singin' (usually).

I hesitate to recommend the "a" too strongly. I've noticed that you and I seem to like the same smokes, but I wonder if we taste them differently, in a significant way. If that's even possible...?

But I like the "a" a whole lot, for the price. And I don't find them overly peppery. Smokingpipes, if that's where you're looking, only has 21 left. This is in part because I bought a boatload when they took another 20% off the already clearanced price a month ago

BronzeAgePiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2023
Boone>Wilmington
Please keep in mind that while I have smoked cigars for 20+ years, it's only for thee past 3 that I've been really serious about it.

That being said, it's hard for me to think of a Davidoff that I liked fresh. But 6+ months of box time and they're singin' (usually).

I hesitate to recommend the "a" too strongly. I've noticed that you and I seem to like the same smokes, but I wonder if we taste them differently, in a significant way. If that's even possible...?

But I like the "a" a whole lot, for the price. And I don't find them overly peppery. Smokingpipes, if that's where you're looking, only has 21 left. This is in part because I bought a boatload when they took another 20% off the already clearanced price a month ago
Man that’s bizarre! I’ve been smoking for 20 years this year and really didn’t care for much outside of Padrons until a few years ago myself. I simply didn’t know that there was such a vibrant Tobacco market out there with cigars and pipes. I just figured it was all mainstays with a few weird celebrity sticks poppin up here and there, and as little as I knew, the tobacconists I happened to come across certainly didn’t know that much more! So here I am, catching up for lost time.

It’s wild to think of just how many people don’t even realize pipe tobacco is being tinned any more. So many people flocking to “electronic pipes” that I figure would be more inclined to settle down with a wood pipe if they only knew. It’s madness out there I tell ya.

Speak Easy

Lifer
Jan 12, 2024
Western Oklahoma
Man that’s bizarre! I’ve been smoking for 20 years this year and really didn’t care for much outside of Padrons until a few years ago myself. I simply didn’t know that there was such a vibrant Tobacco market out there with cigars and pipes. I just figured it was all mainstays with a few weird celebrity sticks poppin up here and there, and as little as I knew, the tobacconists I happened to come across certainly didn’t know that much more! So here I am, catching up for lost time.

It’s wild to think of just how many people don’t even realize pipe tobacco is being tinned any more. So many people flocking to “electronic pipes” that I figure would be more inclined to settle down with a wood pipe if they only knew. It’s madness out there I tell ya.
Don’t tell em….it may raise the prices 🤫😜

SmokingInTheWind

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2024
New Mexico
They are "infused." Kinda a love/ hate thing.

They make a mini version, the kind that comes 10 to a tin. One of my neighbors used to bring those over. We liked the red ones (Cameroon, if I remember correctly). If he brought a tin over right now I'm sure I'd smoke one or two, and probably still like them.

A different neighbor exclusively smokes the big (regular sized) "Kuba Kuba" with the blue label. I think they smell great. I will probably never smoke another one of those though

I think mine had extra infusions. Hooked up to a drip IV. The darn thing ghosted my mouth 😂
I had to wash the residue off my lips with a wet washcloth then gargle with mouthwash to get rid of the overpowering taste 😝

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Yea, didn’t think I was reinventing the wheel. Just curious about the rest of you folks.
I've been known to do that. Usually with a cob

There was a time when I saved the clipped caps, especially the pointed ones, in a little jar. After maybe 10 cigars I'd have a cobfull of mixed cigar leaf.

There's an interesting clarity of flavor from doing this