PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

SmokingInTheWind

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2024
New Mexico
Just lit up this Oliva Series O, much less muggy out than yesterday morning.
View attachment 319298

My brother, not a cigar smoker, bought me a handful of different cigars for my birthday. The best of the lot was an Oliva O. It was a great cigar. The Acid not so much. He said the Acid was highly recommended by the cute girl behind the counter at the smoke shop. We had a good chuckle over it.

ThomasS

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2024
Bayfield, WI
Another cigar today: Drew Estate Factory Smokes Maduro

So far all my sticks have been quite good.

Going to start my 5th one today. (woo! a 5th on a Sunday! wait...)

I've only had one that I would classify as other than very good, and that was just "good". I got spoiled because the very first one was *amazing*. On the whole, I would very very highly recommend this line to anyone who likes Maduro's and has a budget to mind :)

SmokingInTheWind

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2024
New Mexico
My brother, not a cigar smoker, bought me a handful of different cigars for my birthday. The best of the lot was an Oliva O. It was a great cigar. The Acid not so much. He said the Acid was highly recommended by the cute girl behind the counter at the smoke shop. We had a good chuckle over it.

I am curious about the Acid cigars. A few friends have raved about them so I was excited to try It. The one my brother bought me was my first and only. It had a dark wrapper and smelled like heavy perfume. There was a coating on the wrapper that tasted of perfume and burned my lips and left a horrible taste on my lips and in my mouth. I gave it a go because my brother was present, but had to put it down after a minute. The descriptions of the Acid cigars on the online stores do not include anything resembling this abomination. I wish I could remember the specific cigar I tried but it escapes me. What did I get? Are all Acid cigars coated in perfume?

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
I am curious about the Acid cigars. A few friends have raved about them so I was excited to try It. The one my brother bought me was my first and only. It had a dark wrapper and smelled like heavy perfume. There was a coating on the wrapper that tasted of perfume and burned my lips and left a horrible taste on my lips and in my mouth. I gave it a go because my brother was present, but had to put it down after a minute. The descriptions of the Acid cigars on the online stores do not include anything resembling this abomination. I wish I could remember the specific cigar I tried but it escapes me. What did I get? Are all Acid cigars coated in perfume?
They are "infused." Kinda a love/ hate thing.

They make a mini version, the kind that comes 10 to a tin. One of my neighbors used to bring those over. We liked the red ones (Cameroon, if I remember correctly). If he brought a tin over right now I'm sure I'd smoke one or two, and probably still like them.

A different neighbor exclusively smokes the big (regular sized) "Kuba Kuba" with the blue label. I think they smell great. I will probably never smoke another one of those though

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Getting ready to step out for some night air. Trying a Blackened M81 (6x52 Toro) for the first time with a Blackened (batch #145) smoked old fashioned. Been in a Blackened mood... losing daylight now, that's a plus. C'mon fall & winter. This guy does reviews better than me and he can be funny at times.View attachment 319248
Thanks for that!
Had that CD a long time ago. Think I'll give it a listen tomorrow. 2020 version was fun to watch

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Goodbye short vacation, smoked a Davidoff Petit belicosa on the way out. About a year of humi time
1000002879.jpg
A black bear ran across the gravel road in front of us not 2 minutes after leaving.

Black Label Madonna Negra once home. I really like these. 10 year anniversary cigar released July '23.
1000002880.jpg
Micallef "a" after dinner.
1000002881.jpg
I thought these were Nicaraguan puros, but I was sure I tasted Dominican leaf- looked it up and wouldncha know they're Nicaraguan and Dominican filled.

I was quite pleased with myself.

There is no doubt that you are the only people who might possibly give a rip about this.

BronzeAgePiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2023
Boone>Wilmington
Goodbye short vacation, smoked a Davidoff Petit belicosa on the way out. About a year of humi time
View attachment 319498
A black bear ran across the gravel road in front of us not 2 minutes after leaving.

Black Label Madonna Negra once home. I really like these. 10 year anniversary cigar released July '23.
View attachment 319496
Micallef "a" after dinner.
View attachment 319497
I thought these were Nicaraguan puros, but I was sure I tasted Dominican leaf- looked it up and wouldncha know they're Nicaraguan and Dominican filled.

I was quite pleased with myself.

There is no doubt that you are the only people who might possibly give a rip about this.
How much better was the Belicoso after a year, I’ve always been curious if they can even get that much better as they’re already so good and I have a hard enough time keeping them longer than a month.

Also man, $186 for a box of 50 on those “A’s” Now would be the time to pull the trigger on those if you like them. I’d almost blind buy a cab but I fear the pepper might be too much for me.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
They are "infused." Kinda a love/ hate thing.

They make a mini version, the kind that comes 10 to a tin. One of my neighbors used to bring those over. We liked the red ones (Cameroon, if I remember correctly). If he brought a tin over right now I'm sure I'd smoke one or two, and probably still like them.

A different neighbor exclusively smokes the big (regular sized) "Kuba Kuba" with the blue label. I think they smell great. I will probably never smoke another one of those though
They do smell good, but it’s not an aroma that I appreciate in a cigar. It’s like, I love the smell of roasting chicken, but not in a pipe tobacco.

Peter Turbo

Lifer
Oct 18, 2021
CT, USA
Gotta say, think I enjoyed the Fuente 8-5-8 Natural I smoked today over that Oliva O I smoked yesterday. They are both similar in price but I feel the Fuente has better body and I like the flavor more.

I wouldn’t buy a box of either though.