PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
Found this amusing story on Mark Twain. Source:

"Like other American smokers, Mr. Clemens is unceasing in his search for the really satisfactory cigar at a really satisfactory price, and, first and last, has gathered a good deal of experience in the pursuit. It is related that, having entertained a party of gentlemen one winter evening in Hartford, he gave to each, just before they left the house, one of a new sort of cigar that he was trying to believe was the object of his search. He made each guest light it before starting. The next morning he found all that he had given away lying on the snow beside the pathway across his lawn. Each smoker had been polite enough to smoke until he got out of the house, but every one, on gaining his liberty, had yielded to the instinct of self-preservation and tossed the cigar away, forgetting that it would be found there by daylight. The testimony of the next morning was overwhelming, and the verdict against the new brand was accepted."

Speak Easy

Lifer
Jan 12, 2024
Western Oklahoma
Found this amusing story on Mark Twain. Source:

"Like other American smokers, Mr. Clemens is unceasing in his search for the really satisfactory cigar at a really satisfactory price, and, first and last, has gathered a good deal of experience in the pursuit. It is related that, having entertained a party of gentlemen one winter evening in Hartford, he gave to each, just before they left the house, one of a new sort of cigar that he was trying to believe was the object of his search. He made each guest light it before starting. The next morning he found all that he had given away lying on the snow beside the pathway across his lawn. Each smoker had been polite enough to smoke until he got out of the house, but every one, on gaining his liberty, had yielded to the instinct of self-preservation and tossed the cigar away, forgetting that it would be found there by daylight. The testimony of the next morning was overwhelming, and the verdict against the new brand was accepted."
I expect to find plenty of these in the yard the next morning…I’m slowly but surely working through them. 🤣D53A9FEC-53B5-4CA2-ABDD-64CE8DB5EA1B.jpeg

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Having a Diesel Unlimited Maduro d.X Belicoso, 7.0" x 56 on the porch. It’s 77⁰ today, with a light breeze; all told, pretty pleasant and comfortable. The sky is clear.

20240616_164839.jpg

Wasabi is calm (for now, until someone walking by violates the perimeter he imagines our property to be, which according to him, reaches across the street).

20240616_165034.jpg

Susan is piercing leather with a pricking iron and rubber mallet, making another hand stitched leather pipe rest like the one she made for me last night while watching UFC.

20240616_165352.jpg

BronzeAgePiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2023
Boone>Wilmington
United Pencils Natural, great Dominican flavor honestly now that they’ve dried out well enough. Just wish they were a 33 gauge instead of the 28 so I could get a bit bigger of a draw. Burns a perfect circle for the entire 6 inches at 40min! I think I prefer the Natural over the San Andres wrapper pencil, must try the Robusto now.
IMG_6122.jpeg