PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
My second AJ Fernandez, a New World Cameroon. I got this in a AJ 5 cigar sampler.

Looking at them online, I believe this is a Gordo.

Be well everyone! 🤙 ❤️

IMG_2021.jpeg

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
United Pencils Natural, great Dominican flavor honestly now that they’ve dried out well enough. Just wish they were a 33 gauge instead of the 28 so I could get a bit bigger of a draw. Burns a perfect circle for the entire 6 inches at 40min! I think I prefer the Natural over the San Andres wrapper pencil, must try the Robusto now.
View attachment 318125
Those intrigue me. I like smaller and/or skinny cigars.

Just got a 20 of Fuente "exquisitos," 4.5 X 33. Someone here mentioned them, TheIronMonkey perhaps?

JoeW

Administrator
Apr 1, 2024
Upper Peninsula, Michigan, USA
H Upmann Vintage Cameroon. I really loved the one I had a few months ago, but this one’s draw was so tight that I could barely get any smoke through it, and 5 rounds with the PerfecDraw were no help at all. Too much work for too little reward. Tossed it halfway through in favor of a Fuente Cubanito. I should’ve had a pipe instead.

IMG_4811.jpeg

Star Trek was “Obsession”, the first episode I ever saw, back when I was about 6. It isn’t the greatest episode, but it made me a fan.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Wow high praise there. For some reason I overlooked this one, ordering some right dang now though. This is one brand I’ve wanted to like more than anything. I love Corojo and their Reserva is a real nice one just somehow didn’t see this one. Bubblegum note I’d love to find too actually, it’s been awhile on that, I was just thinking about that the other day lol

I actually prefer the regular Aladino Corojo to their Reserva line. The Reserva is very, very good, but is missing a touch of the rustic slap n tickle I expect from Corojo.

Today's smoke is a Johnny O LC Celestiales Finos purchased in 2018.
IMG_20240618_195302540.jpg

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
View attachment 318306

Moving out of the cigar commodity markey and into the high rent district tonight, a Fuente Don Carlos Double Robusto. This one had a lot of spicy earthiness right off the bat. I like that!
LOVE the #s 3 and 4.

I could maybe be happy with just Don Carlos, something Connecticut, and a mini of some sort.

Lots of exploring left to do though.

What I immediately like about Don Carlos, aside from great flavors, is that they seem ready to smoke right off the shelf.

SmokingInTheWind

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2024
New Mexico
Didn't have a good experience with this one. I've never had a Nub that I enjoy. As a cigar novice I don't have the experience to say why. Maybe the large ring gauge? At least the kids had fun catching fireflies.View attachment 318317

Sorry to hear it was not a good smoke.

I’m not a cigar expert by any means. I have a pretty dull palette. I used to try many different cigars before I took up the pipe. Some I liked and some not so much. Now, on the rare occasion I smoke a cigar, my go to is the NUB Connecticut 4”x60. It always satisfies.

What size was the Cameroon? I prefer the 4” to the shorter ones. It is a smoother smoke for me. I don’t care for the NUB Cameroon or Maduro. Only the Connecticut.

Give the Connecticut a try if you haven’t already.

Last edited:

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
Good night. You win the Internet today. I haven't seen one of these in years and years and it was a damned shame when these got discontinued. Maybe a pic of your aging stash some time?
I sure do wish I had a stash to take pics of. I quit buying cigars when Havana raised their prices. For Havanas, I think I may have 4 Ninfas left, maybe 10 or 12 ERDM La Reinas, 1 Cuaba Diademas and a handful of customs. Non-Havanas is not much better.

PipePint&Cross

Administrator
May 17, 2023
Indiana
What size was the Cameroon? I prefer the 4” to the shorter ones. It is a smoother smoke for me. I don’t care for the NUB Cameroon or Maduro. Only the Connecticut.

Give the Connecticut a try if you haven’t already.
Thanks for the suggestion! Funny enough, I've only had the Maduro and the Cameroon. I have a Connecticut on hand, but haven't tried it yet as I usually prefer Maduros. I'll definitely give it a try. The Cameroon was the 4 inch, by the way.