PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2018
England
The US version isn't much better. Most of the horror movies are B-Horror and/or a lot of rubbish that I've never heard of. Most of the time after watching one of them I feel like I just wasted the 1 1/2 - 2 hours of my life and can't get it back.

There are some good horror movies on there, just not the majority of them.

I watched one called The Ritual which wasn't bad, worth a look if it's on US Netflix.
Talking of wasting a couple of hours of your life
I watched another called The Basement, what an absolute load of crap. After half an hour I was gonna give up but thought if I do I've wasted that time so persevered, wish I hadn't.
Hopefully their selection will improve at some point.

Reactions: python

AlabamaDan

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2019
Alabama
I actually watched almost no TV yesterday and it’s incredible how productive I was. Started off sleeping late. :) Ate a homemade breakfast with the fam first. I was out running errands for several hours, gave the car a once over before it embarks on a long trip today - fixed a few things, took down some Christmas, helped with laundry, cleaned some stuff... That is opposed to some Saturdays where I binge watch Marvel all day. Oh, and I couldn’t find anything to watch. ?

Reactions: jpmcwjr and Bowie

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I actually watched almost no TV yesterday and it’s incredible how productive I was. Started off sleeping late. :) Ate a homemade breakfast with the fam first. I was out running errands for several hours, gave the car a once over before it embarks on a long trip today - fixed a few things, took down some Christmas, helped with laundry, cleaned some stuff... That is opposed to some Saturdays where I binge watch Marvel all day. Oh, and I couldn’t find anything to watch. ?

Sounds like your wife changed the Netflix password just to get you up and doing things Dan!

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Disc 6 (of 7) from the excellent Ken Burns 'Roosevelt' boxed set. Sadly the last of his many boxed sets that I have.

The US are about to join us in WWII so this should be interesting. I do know FDR got on very well with Churchill and just read a fascinating book on their relationship so will be interesting to see if this tallies with what I read.

Regards,

Jay.

Reactions: Bowie

Bowie

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota
The Aeronauts, an Amazon Prime original movie. It's good. Based on a true story and set in 1862, it's about two hot air balloonists trying to set an altitude record.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Sherlock Holmes: The Sign of Four starting Ian Richardson. Never seen it.

I have only seen Jeremy Brett as Sherlock and really like him. So we'll see how this one is.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
Started the 2nd season of "Cardinal" last night.

There doesn't seem to be near as much snow this season.

We plan on watching The Aeronauts, soon.
At Christmas, my daughters told me to watch The Witcher. They sold it to us as being like Game of Thrones, but it was like GOT on a low budget, bad acting, weird confusing timeline, and without all of the excellent depictions of violence and sex... sure there is some, but not nearly as cool. Other than that, it is interesting. I may watch season 2, but if I miss it, I won't lose sleep.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Finished the Mssaih on Netflix, Jesus looking young man shows up in the Middle East, is he or isn’t he, shows up in America, is he or isn’t he, keeps you wondering. Now I got to wait a year before I find out, DAMN!

Reactions: JMcQ
Jun 9, 2018
England
Just watched on YouTube an episode of Hammer House of Horror titled The Silent Scream from 1980.
I saw a few of these when I was a kid in the early 1980's but don't remember this particular one.
It was very good and starred the late great Peter Cushing and the original Dr Hannibal Lecter Brian Cox.

Reactions: python

Bowie

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota
Yesterday, a comedy-drama about a musician who wakes up after an injury to discover that The Beatles never existed. It's good, although the premise of a world without The Beatles doesn't sound particularly disturbing to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.