PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Marty Feldman! May he r.i.p. (1982, aged 48. Way too young to die.)

MV5BMTIwMjA5ODc4Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDEwOTg2._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Jun 9, 2018
England
Marty Feldman! May he r.i.p. (1982, aged 48. Way too young to die.)

MV5BMTIwMjA5ODc4Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDEwOTg2._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

I'm sorry mate but I don't know who this 'Marty Feldman' you talk of is.
That's a photograph of me taken directly after I'd finished my first bowl of Gawith Hoggarth Ennerdale Flake. :oops:

In all seriousness I love Marty (that's why I used him as my avatar/forum pic) and he was brilliant in Young Frankenstein.
If he interests you there's a decent documentary free on YouTube about him and his tragically short life.
Here's the link:

Reactions: jpmcwjr

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
An "electronic vigilante group" is a very good way of putting it. You have to wonder what their intentions were in finding him initially- was the goal always to report his animal abuse to the police? Or perhaps to confront him in person? Assault him? Hard to guess what their end game was... ?‍♀️ Their efforts and dedication were impressive though, I'll give them that.

I've seen this type of behavior up close and it's not pretty. I happened to live in Orlando during the Casey Anthony fiasco. (She killed her own daughter and got away with it, for those who don't know). It seemed like the whole town was obsessed with her. Crazies and vigilanties camped out in front of her house for six months. trying to accomplish who knows what... but they were on TV every night which only made things worse.

Jun 9, 2018
England
That's a shame about the link. I get that as well sometimes, I think different things are available in different countries.
I found a different upload of the same documentary, whether it'll work or not I don't know.
Anyway here it is: (fingers crossed)

autumnfog

Lifer
Jul 22, 2018
Sweden
Watched some episodes of The Crown. Very interesting, especially John Lithgows version of Churchill.
There is some pipe smoking too.

Bowie

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota
I'm currently watching the bonus features from disc 1 of Ken Burns ' excellent Roosevelt boxed set.

Regards,

Jay.
I'm a big Ken Burns fan, and I cannot think of a better narrator than Peter Coyote. Have you seen his recent Country Music documentary? It is excellent.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Just finished watching Peter 'snakebite' Wright beat 'mighty' Michael van Gerwen to win his first PDC World Darts Championship.
Bit of a one sided final and wasn't as close as I hoped it would be.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
I'm hitting New Years day hard with the William Holden movies. I don't know why I do this to myself.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"I'm a big Ken Burns fan, and I cannot think of a better narrator than Peter Coyote.... "

Bowie, with all due respect I too am a huge fan of Ken Burns ' documentary dvds, the only ones I dont own is the baseball one, the jazz one and the latest country music one.

My issue with Peter Coyote is his pronunciation.....this I brought up in a tongue in cheek manner on another thread. He seems to have difficulty in pronouncing the letter 't' and substituting it with a 'd'.

The example I gave earlier was along the lines of "....they did their doody and got involved in the fiding for the baddle of Hanoi siddy...."

That aside, the series was a real eye opener (as Ken's films tend to be) and clearly, to me at least, was a great signifier of the futility of war and how politics can waste life aplenty yet with no explanation and seemingly not caring either.

Regards,

Jay.

Reactions: Bowie and trubka2

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Binge watching "Fargo" the series on Hulu. Watched the first 5 episodes of season 1 so far.
Love it and there's to be a new season. Some of last season was filmed near where I used to live. Get a chuckle out of the series as some of their phrases and ways of talking are straight out of my old neighborhood-South Dakotans and Minnesotans, (bordering on the Dakotas), share the lingo.

Reactions: scloyd and Bowie
Status
Not open for further replies.