PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Love it and there's to be a new season. Some of last season was filmed near where I used to live. Get a chuckle out of the series as some of their phrases and ways of talking are straight out of my old neighborhood-South Dakotans and Minnesotans, (bordering on the Dakotas), share the lingo.
IIRC, there are three seasons. All different.
Yeah, great show. Almost done with season one. There is three seasons on Hulu... JPM, are you saying each season is a different crime? or is it a continuation?

MrTom

Lifer
Oct 20, 2019
Liverpool, UK.
Watched the dramatic end of BBC's Dracula 2020, a camp & decadent modern version, of Count Vlad & Bram Stoker's avatar Count Dracula. Now the daily bad news for the New Year peace.

Reactions: rushx9

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
Finished up "You" (2nd season) last night.

I thought the series was gonna be chick-flicky at first but, it's so warped it's really kinda catchy.

Reactions: rushx9

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
The original Planet of the Apes. The originals are the only ones worth watching.

That remake in 200-whatever was some straight up ?. Couldn't get through 10 minutes of it.
Eddie Murphy is a big fan of the original. Talks about it with Seinfeld in their Comedians In Cars.. episode.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and rushx9

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
Just started Dracula on Netflix. Seems like this series will pair well with a nice Balkan mixture and a hearty glass of red?‍♂️

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Jun 9, 2018
England
Just watched the remake of The Thing on Netflix.
Although it had lots of modern digital effects I didn't like it anywhere near as much as the John Carpenter original.
That bit where the doctor is using the CPR shock paddles on the guy and his chest opens up to reveal a whacking great mouth with big sharp teeth still makes me jump. Even though I know it's coming and have seen the movie 5 or 6 times before.

I've found the horror/scary movie selection on (UK) Netflix to be piss poor.

Reactions: python and jpmcwjr

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
I've found the horror/scary movie selection on (UK) Netflix to be piss poor.

The US version isn't much better. Most of the horror movies are B-Horror and/or a lot of rubbish that I've never heard of. Most of the time after watching one of them I feel like I just wasted the 1 1/2 - 2 hours of my life and can't get it back.

There are some good horror movies on there, just not the majority of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.