PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2018
England
While I agree with you- I understand the Toronto police department's need to preserve the chain of evidence and conduct their own investigation without the influence of an internet lynch mob.
The same amateur detectives had been so sure about the poor man in Namibia, who they falsely accused and who subsequently ended up committing suicide. :( It's a delicate balance.

I second your opinion on Luka's mother. She's in major denial about her son's guilt and her own role in producing the kind of human being who delights in causing so much suffering.

The Facebook group did seem like a bit of an electronic vigilante group (overall) but the woman and man (Deanna Thompson & John Green) who ran it had the right idea (and motives) and were trying their best to do things in a professional manner. They were certainly dedicated that's for sure, I wouldn't want either of them tracking me if I was in hiding:oops:.

Luka (He's the long lost cousin of River Phoenix and dated Madonna you know??) came across as a right full of himself git, the footage of him trying out for that reality tv show where he said something like: 'people are always telling me I'm devastatingly good looking' was so cringy.
All those photographs (where he'd superimposed his head) of him in expense cars and globetrotting the world were just creepy.

Jun 9, 2018
England
I do love true crime and especially seriall killer documentaries. I'll have to give it a watch.

Thanks for the info.
While they don't actually show the killing you do see some particularly upsetting footage of the guy (Luka) just before he drowns a cat. He's got it taped to a stick and is about to dunk/drown it when they cut away.
You still get to see the look of confusion and terror in the poor little things eyes though?.

supperthyme

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2019
The Facebook group did seem like a bit of an electronic vigilante group (overall) but the woman and man (Deanna Thompson & John Green) who ran it had the right idea (and motives) and were trying their best to do things in a professional manner. They were certainly dedicated that's for sure, I wouldn't want either of them tracking me if I was in hiding:oops:.

Luka (He's the long lost cousin of River Phoenix and dated Madonna you know??) came across as a right full of himself git, the footage of him trying out for that reality tv show where he said something like: 'people are always telling me I'm devastatingly good looking' was so cringy.
All those photographs (where he'd superimposed his head) of him in expense cars and globetrotting the world were just creepy.

An "electronic vigilante group" is a very good way of putting it. You have to wonder what their intentions were in finding him initially- was the goal always to report his animal abuse to the police? Or perhaps to confront him in person? Assault him? Hard to guess what their end game was... ?‍♀️ Their efforts and dedication were impressive though, I'll give them that.

Luka is a narcissistic, attention-seeking, smarmy little shit with no regard for anyone/anything but himself. The cadence in which he speaks and his overly-inflated ego remind me very strongly of Elliot Rodger.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
If you like serial killer docs and you've got Netflix the recent Ted Bundy documentary Conversations With a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes is well worth a look.

And although it's not a documentary the Netflix series Mindhunter is a brilliant serial killer based tv show.

I've seen the Bundy Tapes and season 1 of Mindhunter. I loved them both. I plan on getting to season 2 of Mindhunter soon.

Jun 9, 2018
England
If you liked series one you'll like series two as it's more of the same. Apparently David Fincher (the director) said he planned for it to have five-seasons so hopefully there's at least 3 more to come. I don't see why it wouldn't as I think it's quite popular.
I love Holt McCallanay's character Bill Tench, the guy is literally smoking a cigarette in every scene he's in :).

Reactions: python
Jun 9, 2018
England
An "electronic vigilante group" is a very good way of putting it. You have to wonder what their intentions were in finding him initially- was the goal always to report his animal abuse to the police? Or perhaps to confront him in person? Assault him? Hard to guess what their end game was... ?‍♀️ Their efforts and dedication were impressive though, I'll give them that.

Luka is a narcissistic, attention-seeking, smarmy little shit with no regard for anyone/anything but himself. The cadence in which he speaks and his overly-inflated ego remind me very strongly of Elliot Rodger.

Yes now you mention it he does remind me of Eliot! I've only seen one documentary on the Eliot Rodger's case but he definitely had the same sort of 'I'm the smartest most beautiful person in the whole wide world' feel about him that Luka has.

Reactions: supperthyme

supperthyme

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2019
Yes now you mention it he does remind me of Eliot! I've only seen one documentary on the Eliot Rodger's case but he definitely had the same sort of 'I'm the smartest most beautiful person in the whole wide world' feel about him that Luka has.

Never saw the documentary, but back in the day Elliot had a YouTube channel where he would rant and rave about "what he deserved" from women and the world. Not sure if it's still up- but his last upload "Elliot Rodger's Retribution" (a sort of video manifesto) was filmed right before he began his spree.

Both men have a similarly entitled view of the world and both carefully constructed photos/videos to post on social media to control how they were perceived.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
Well, I got tired of watching the LSU/Norman School of Cosmetics game so, switched over to Ohio State/Clemson game.

Much better, so far.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
Just finished Clemson vs. Ohio State! Nail biter but Lawrence stepped up and “earned his pay.”

Great win, Clemson. Y’all that watch NFL keep an eye on Lawrence.

I’m glad he’s leaving so he can’t break The Tide’s heart. Awful hard to root against ‘em though I’m a Tide fan all the way (don’t ask, I had no choice).

Reactions: prndl and Bowie

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
As far as true crime I've been watching "That Chapter" on youtube. It's this really nice seeming Irish Chap talking about people being truly horrible. Also been on a Matt Berry kick finally watched both Toast of London and Snuffbox which is the most horrifyingly psychedelic skit comedy show ever or in other words it's one of the best things I've ever seen.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Just watched Unforgiven on my PVR. I hadn't see it in about a decade and had forgotten what a brilliant film it is.
A great story with some really stellar acting from Clint Eastwood, Morgan Freeman and especially Gene Hackman.

PVR? Personal VR?

I.a.e., what is the source, please! ? I am due for a re-watch. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.