PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

supperthyme

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2019
I was curious about that and watched the trailer. I hate animal cruelty, do they actually show it. I am guessing not. I may get around to watching it.

The editors left in some of the original footage- but they were very careful to cut away before any cruelty or killing occurred. However, they do show the kittens after they've been killed (but no gore)... I don't know if that's enough to dissuade you from watching it.

They always say torturing animals is an early sign of criminal psychopathy- so the series leads with the animal abuse as an intro to the perpetrator's more horrific crimes. It's a good watch if you like true crime features.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Don't Fuck With Cats

View attachment 13744

It's much better than I expected it to be- a fascinating look at the evolution of a murderer.

I literally just watched this, like you say it was an interesting documentary.
I couldn't stand the guy, he was/is an absolute piece of rubbish and that footage of him killing the cats was really hard to watch, especially the one where he tied the kitty to a stick and was about to drown the poor thing. You could see in its eyes it was terrified and looking for help.
It's a shame the police didn't take the amateur detectives more seriously as they might have saved a man's life.
His mum was an annoying cow, blaming everybody except the person responsible ie her idiot offspring.

Jun 9, 2018
England
I do love true crime and especially seriall killer documentaries. I'll have to give it a watch.

Thanks for the info.

If you like serial killer docs and you've got Netflix the recent Ted Bundy documentary Conversations With a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes is well worth a look.

And although it's not a documentary the Netflix series Mindhunter is a brilliant serial killer based tv show.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Just finished the only two seasons of "Good Behavior" on Hulu. Starring Michelle Dockery, Downton Abbey's Lady Mary Crawley.

Michelle Dockery plays a thief and con artist who hooks up with a hit man. They fall in love, she steals and he kills. Always trying to stay one step ahead of an FBI agent.

I enjoyed it a lot. I'd like to see a third season.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

supperthyme

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2019
It's a shame the police didn't take the amateur detectives more seriously as they might have saved a man's life.

While I agree with you- I understand the Toronto police department's need to preserve the chain of evidence and conduct their own investigation without the influence of an internet lynch mob.
The same amateur detectives had been so sure about the poor man in Namibia, who they falsely accused and who subsequently ended up committing suicide. :( It's a delicate balance.

I second your opinion on Luka's mother. She's in major denial about her son's guilt and her own role in producing the kind of human being who delights in causing so much suffering.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Currently watching the Columbo episode: Swan Song starring the late great Johnny Cash on my PVR (they're doing a Columbo marathon on the telly here in the UK)
A classic tv show with some marvelous guest stars. Lee Grant, Jack Cassidy, Roddy McDowall, Martin Landau, Jackie Cooper, Dick Van Dyke, Ruth Gordon, Donald Pleasence, Leonard Nimmoy (grandpa Walton is in that particular episode:)), the list goes on and on.
I prefer the ones from the 1970's though, the latter episodes from the 1990's I didn't enjoy quite as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.