PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2018
England
Just finished watching Darkest Hour on Netflix.
Gary Oldman was (as I expected) brilliant in it. He's definitely one of my favourite actors and I don't ever recall seeing him give an average performance.
I first saw him in The Firm (in which he was amazing) then Leon (again in which he was amazing).
Definitely one of his generations most outstanding actors.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Tonight we watched The Peanut Butter Falcon. Very entertaining.

The Peanut Butter Falcon is an adventure story set in the world of a modern Mark Twain that begins when Zak (22), a young man with Down syndrome, runs away from the nursing home where he lives to chase his dream of becoming a professional wrestler by attending the wrestling school The Salt Water Redneck. Through circumstances beyond their control Tyler (32), a small-time outlaw on the run, becomes Zak's unlikely coach and ally. Together they wind through deltas, elude capture, drink whisky, find God, catch fish, and convince Eleanor (28), a kind nursing home employee with a story of her own, to join them on their journey.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Half way through Dr. Zhivago (1965). I'll finish another day. I can't sit still for a 3+ hour movie.

Reactions: python
I had to take a bunch of foster kids to a movie last weekend, and I was trying my best to get them to go see The Peanut Butter Falcon. But... they all demanded to go see Charlie's Angels. They had never even heard of the TV series it was based on, or even the first Charlie's Angels movie with Bill Murray. Luckily for me the movie didn't totally suck. But, I still wish we had seen the peanut butter movie.

Reactions: scloyd

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Scloyd thank you for the info on Peanut Butter Falcon, enjoyed it tremdously. If you have Amazon Streaming I bet you would like Troop Zero, try it.
I don't have Amazon streaming, but I did see the preview of Troop Zero yesterday at the theater when I took my grandson to see Doolittle. Troop Zero looks good. May have to watch it at my daughter and son-in-laws.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Just finished watching 1917. I would give it a C.
Could have been much more. I cant see it winning many awards.

Reactions: Bowie

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Just finished watching 1917. I would give it a C.
Could have been much more. I cant see it winning many awards.
Different strokes for different folks. I just saw it and would give it an A+, one of the best movies I've seen and a complete tour de force. Midway, on the other hand, was a C.

On the box, I've been binge watching Next Generation. Mostly I don't watch anything, it's more like using TV as radio while I'm working on other things.

Reactions: 3rdguy and Bowie

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
"Troop Zero" with the childgrands.

Third season of "Cardinal" with Swmbo. She just came home from a triple by-pass and murder seems to calm her.
I have been working my way through old Colombo seasons, the first few shows directed by Steven Spielbergpuffy

Status
Not open for further replies.