PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
It was bad, just really bad. Similar to "Station Chief". They love turning out this kind of crap lately.
I don't expect great movies from him, but this was as you said just really bad, he literally had zero chemistry with the woman that was the supporting actress, cast as the large (slightly overweight) loud and "don't need no man" FBI agent. Makes me wonder if he's getting to the Segal point of his career where he will start pushing out a couple of these a year and you'll never hear of them till you see them on cable tv.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Ashley Madison. Netflix.

This three episode sludge could have been done in one. Wanted to see a documentary (maybe that part is half of one ep.) but was inundated with stories of folks who screwed the pooch. (tho not literally).

Oddly enough, it's still a going concern.

2/5

Reactions: JOHN72

dermotfahy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2013
Florida, USA
The Swiss Family Robinson, 1958 TV adaptation. Walter Pidgeon and Laraine Day as the leads, it focuses much more on the relationship between the parents and their differing reactions to their circumstances after the shipwreck than the Disney version.

I wouldn't say it was a particularly inspired production, but it was a reasonably entertaining way to spend an hour. 3/5.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

johnnyflake

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 29, 2023
Henderson, Nevada
I stared watching the miniseries "Band of Brothers" which I recorded in full yesterday. I had not seen any of the programs for at least 5 years or more. I've seen a couple already today and quickly remembered how very good it was/is. Well worth watching if you have the time!
3 out of 5

• Love
Reactions: mawnansmiff

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Though I bought it about 3 years ago I only got around to watching it last night.

Black Hawk Down on Blu-ray was OK but nowhere near as exciting as I was led to believe from reading reviews.

I'm feeling generous so I'll award it 4/5 for effort.

1bd.jpg
Jay.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Though I bought it about 3 years ago I only got around to watching it last night.

Black Hawk Down on Blu-ray was OK but nowhere near as exciting as I was led to believe from reading reviews.

I'm feeling generous so I'll award it 4/5 for effort.

View attachment 316752
Jay.
I heard one of the soldiers speak at a chamber of commerce event, then watched the movie. That definitely enhanced my experience.

Uguccione

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2024
Italy
Since the days of the first lockdown I discovered American television series about murders, and I haven't stopped since. They have become like a drug, but now I know them all by heart (we need new material to investigate, get busy! :ROFLMAO: ).
I also understood one thing: if the free circulation of weapons and life insurance were prohibited, the number of crimes in America would collapse.

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
OOPS. That was or the ways thread. I only read the What are you....

As for waching...we got HBO MAX yesterday in France. It looks pretty decent. We havent dug into any new stuff yet.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
I remember seeing it many years ago, with my brother, who recently passed away, we laughed our heads off. Lovers of classics, this is a masterpiece, for my taste. I have read the book several times already. In Amazon prime. 5/5710YlROQAmL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Blue Lights. Britbox, new season released, but as we hadn't seen S1, we went there. Interesting personalities and sharp dialogue. Ep1, S1: 5/5

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
New Blake Crouch adapted book to tv, "Dark Matter" 4/5 for ep 1. But Blake Crouch based productions fade quickly and never seen to finish well.

Jon C.P.G.

Might Stick Around
Sep 29, 2023
Canada
I've been watching Evil on Paramount + and it's good, watched seasons 1 through 3 in the last three weeks and I'm on season 4 now 😂 entertaining twisted show I'd give it a 4.5 out of 5

Reactions: jpmcwjr

VDL_Piper

Lifer
Jun 4, 2021
Tasmania, Australia
Just watched Chinatown on Fox. Stars a young Jack Nicholson paired with Faye Dunaway and directed by Roman Polanski. The movie is set in the 40’s I’m guessing by the cars and outfits and is very true to the time, good old school detective story with some twists and if you like older themed TV it’s worth a watch. Jack Nicholson is quite young in this so maybe filmed in the 70’s. 4.5/5 for this one.
IMG_5068.jpeg