Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc

viktor

Might Stick Around
Jan 6, 2024
Ontario, Canada
The Sandman 4.5/5. Netflix says there will be a new season. Similarly I loved Gotham. Shetland season 8? I missed 3 seasons it seems, must go find them, thanks.

HeavyLeadBelly

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 9, 2023
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
I renewed my subscription to Apple TV this year and have binged a lot of stuff. What I’ve watched:

Ted Lasso: 5/5. Unless you don’t like feel good stuff then it’s 2/5.
Silo: 4/5. Dystopian sci fi based off the books by Hugh Howdy which I read a long time ago and loved.
Foundation: season 1 3/5. Season 2 4/5. Sci fi series based off of Isaac Azimivs books, which I’ve never read but feel the need to now. Great show though the first season is a very slow burner.
Slow Horses: seasons one and two 5/5. Series based on MI-5 rejects led by Gary Oldmans character. Good stuff.
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters: I wasn’t sure I’d like this as much as I have. 4/5. Is got Godzilla vibes but the plot lines are pretty good. So if you like giant Godzilla monsters you’ll like this one.

Pondfisher

Might Stick Around
Dec 23, 2019
East Lansing, MI
Watching True Detectives season 2. Its not as strong as season 1 but still pretty good. 3/5 Also , a co-worker loaned me his blueray copy of the Ard-The Knight Templar show. Also pretty good. 4/5

Last edited:
Reactions: smudgersmissingleg

Pondfisher

Might Stick Around
Dec 23, 2019
East Lansing, MI
I renewed my subscription to Apple TV this year and have binged a lot of stuff. What I’ve watched:

Ted Lasso: 5/5. Unless you don’t like feel good stuff then it’s 2/5.
Silo: 4/5. Dystopian sci fi based off the books by Hugh Howdy which I read a long time ago and loved.
Foundation: season 1 3/5. Season 2 4/5. Sci fi series based off of Isaac Azimivs books, which I’ve never read but feel the need to now. Great show though the first season is a very slow burner.
Slow Horses: seasons one and two 5/5. Series based on MI-5 rejects led by Gary Oldmans character. Good stuff.
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters: I wasn’t sure I’d like this as much as I have. 4/5. Is got Godzilla vibes but the plot lines are pretty good. So if you like giant Godzilla monsters you’ll like this one.
Reading Slow Horses by Mick Herron and just recently realized that there is a show based on it. Great books and i would like to see the show; heard its pretty good.

Reactions: HeavyLeadBelly

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Shetland Season 8 on Britbox is a sold and satisfying police drama with very fine performances. Very much worth a look.

5 out of 5
Just finished last two eps last night! For me, too many characters, too many wrinkles for this scattered mind. Gorgeous setting and camera work, good acting, but I miss the original DI Perez. 4/5.

Reactions: sablebrush52