PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I recommend IMDB.com for any questions about films. My favorite part is shooting locations apart from the normal info of actors, date released, number of series if any, etc.

Reactions: VDL_Piper

BingBong

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2024
London UK
One of my fave YT channels, two blokes in Kent UK who buy damaged vehicles and make them like new again, with huge skills and experience. I'll never need to buy one, but if I did, I'd take whatever they sell over most used vehicles on any dealer's forecourt.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Last night's viewing pleasure (?) was a film called 'Battle: Los Angeles.

After reading the bumf on the caseback I guessed it to be a 'War Of The Worlds' for the 21st century where a square jawed all American hero Marine saves the world [yawn] and I wasn't far wrong. He ticked all my boxes bar one, he didn't have a cigar stub hanging out his mouth :rolleyes:

Very predictable but mildly entertaining with some great looking aliens & spacecraft.....but whoever had control over the explosions FX button must have had a sore finger at the end of editing.

A booming 3/5.

1 battle.jpg

Jay.

Attachments

• 1bd.jpg
    1bd.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 0

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I am watching "The Illusionist" which the Oscar nominated for Best Animated feature in 2010. It is a movie that you can learn a lot about life without realizing it. It is based on a story that story written by Jacques Tati.

5/5

The Illusionist

Reactions: pipenschmoeker123

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Voting has opened up for the EMMY's and I'm doing my due diligence.

Watchng a terrific series from AMC entitled Monsieur Spade, about Sam Spade handling one last task for Brigit O'Shaughnessy. After she dies in an accident, Spade brings O'Shaughnessy's daughter to France to be with her father, who turns out to be a mysterious ne'er do well. Things go very wrong in this autumnal mystery, leading to violent deaths, betrayals, revenge, and plot twists. The pacing is thoughtful, which allows for the characters to be very layered and well realized.

This is a Sam Spade unlike any that you have seen, world weary, looking for some peace in his life. The production is beautifully realized and the performances are spot on. Well worth your time but you have to pay attention as there is a lot of material here.

5 out of 5

Reactions: jpmcwjr

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
The lovely "A Cat in Paris" is a nicely drawn piece of animation from France that was Oscar nominated the year it was released. Dino is a cat that leads a double life. He leads a typical cat's life in the daytime but at night he sneaks out with Nico who is a slinky cat with a big heart.

4/5

Watch A Cat in Paris (2012) Movie Trailer, News, Videos, and Cast ...

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
"Trigger Warning" on Netflix. I'm a sucker for Jessica Alba. She's a fine looking young lady. But, her as a specops operator? As far as I know no female has yet to complete any specops courses. There are army rangers, but no special forces or SEAL. And her size and built just doesn't really convince me of the part she's playing. 1 out of 5.

Reactions: sablebrush52