PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Too much noise woke me up, so I've been doing things that needed to do be done. I'm not far from finishing this bowl of year 2017 Velvet in a tan sandblasted paneled quarter bend 2001 Rinaldo Sahara 2 scoop with a pointed front and a tapered black acrylic stem.
Rinaldo_Scoop.jpg

dottlejockey

Can't Leave
Too much noise woke me up, so I've been doing things that needed to do be done.

On the same wavelength today. Dang ole dog woke me at 3 and then again at 5 to take her out. Second time i saw sunlight and no chance of going back to bed after that. So straight to the french press with a handful of fresh beans was the alternate plan.

Good morning, y'all.

2nd bowl of the day. After breakfast pipe: Doblone d'Oro in the Gepetto.

Gepetto DdO.JPG

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Sleepless night here with rain falling quite heavily. So I'm up, coffee and my little Meer ball loaded with Buttered Rum to start what will be a very long day.

@UncleRasta belated Birthday wishes mate, I'm sure you did it in style
Does rainfall keep you up? Heavy rainfall does the opposite for me and I have trouble sleeping. Maybe it's time to give up affordable tobacco and move to Oz... On second thought I'll just take some sleeping pills.

dingdong

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 2, 2024
Jakarta, Indonesia
What type of tobacco are these? Also, do you add any casings or toppings or smoke them straight, and do you always grow your own tobacco?

Those two racks look amazing! ❤️

Thanks for sharing! 🙏
Hi There, tobacco appears to be a variety of Virginia (its grown here locally for the last 100 years or so) and people cut and sliced it shag style. Location is in Sumedang , near Bandung, West Java. My farm is somewhere else near Jakarta, and i am trying to grow some seed from Sumedang, and a friend is also importing some US seeds (should be here around a month or so).
Local shag are mostly unflavored, and no topping (straight). I would say it is better to have it processed/pressed and get better/more taste out of it. For me i mostly smoke imported tobaccos like C&Ds, english blends.
Today's smoke is Ashton Artisan in George Jensen Fireflame puffy puffy puffy
WhatsApp Image 2024-05-24 at 21.48.32.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.