PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Dingdong blend of Ashton/SG plumcake/Reiners flake/ES 4th gen on an old Meer puffy puffy puffy whilst feeding the carps
View attachment 312211

My new tobacco on the left (still green, cut just yesterday) and another shag cut (already golden)
View attachment 312218

What type of tobacco are these? Also, do you add any casings or toppings or smoke them straight, and do you always grow your own tobacco?

Those two racks look amazing! ❤️

Thanks for sharing! 🙏

dottlejockey

Part of the Furniture Now
A little reward for getting the front lawns mowed...Carolina Red Flake w/ Perique (2023) in a Hoskinson Briar Poker my brother made me with a mock corn cob finish. He did this at a time that i was experimenting with several different styles of cobs early on in my pipe journey. Fun times. But i have to say, it does seem to really smoke the red Vas quite well! :)

HB poker CRF.JPG

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Earlier, I smoked a bowl of year 2014 Sam Gawith Best Brown Flake in a straight smooth brown 1933-1945 Comoy’s patent Grand Slam 159 *4 apple with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Comoy's_Grand Slam_159apple.jpg

After dinner, I smoked a bowl of year 2013 Capstan Blue Flake in a smooth dark brown post-WWII Comoy’s Grand Slam 340 patent billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Comoy's_Grand Slam_340billard.jpg

Then, I went work on a new Archie story, and smoked a bowl of year 2019 C&D Derringer in a straight smooth brown 1920s (Comoy’s) Lions Head 399 Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Comoy's_Lion's Head Canadian399.jpg

I'm a few minutes away from smoking Hearth & Home AJ’s Vaper in a pre-1952 Sutliff Falcon 372 (made by Comoy’s) smooth light brown straight bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Felt like smoking a few Comoy's pipes this evening.
Comoy's_Sutliff_Falcon372_Bulldog.jpg

spearheadbill

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2023
Long Beach
That pipe has sexy lines. Reminds me of an old Chris Craft boat.
yes exactly! it's impossible to photograph it in one shot that shows it's unique shape fully. it's a great smoker even with the stinger. I don't mind the stingers at all anymore as they have really taught me to slow down. when I do they're great smokers.

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
I can NOT get off my addiction to Sutliff Virginia Slices. It's really good, and that goodness persists. I like it better than Luxury Navy Flake which always seems harsh. I have a lot of LNF on hand but it's going to be a deep cellar item to come back to in a couple of years. Slices I find good after 20 minutes of "aging".
I call them "Slices of Heaven.' :col:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Not far from finishing this bowl of Wilke Little Round Top in an undated straight smooth brown pre-Republic Peterson’s Sterling bulldog 150 with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite saddle p-lip stem. This blend is Back Bay with much less perique (10%) than the regular Back Bay. Going to smoke Peterson pipes the rest of this morning.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_Sterling150.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.