PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A couple minutes or so away from smoking year 2020 D&R Raccoon’s Delight in my very reliable smooth straight post-1938 pre-Republic Peterson Sterling Canadian 263 with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Just fed Tomato the Brave. Daisy the Feral Princess wasn't hungry, but then again, she ate earlier when Tomato wasn't here.
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Shamrock.jpg

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
No pictures, but I had bowls of C&D Visions of Celephaïs and H&H WhiteKnight today. Both a little lackluster as I'm still getting over a cold, but no off flavors, either.

One concern with not being able to taste as much is that it's a lot easier to burn my tongue before I've realized it! I think I'll make a "rule" to set a bowl aside for later if I can't taste much, or it tastes funny. No sense in overworking a tired palate.
bummer on the cold and tongue burn! sounds like a sensible "rule." good luck with that..? 😉

cwpiperman

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2018
This morning, relaxing with some YouTube videos on various historical subjects, and smoking some 2018 Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls in a Savinelli Quandale Prince. Ice cold Dr. Pepper is my drink.

2021-07-15-22-42-02.jpg

Weather for Pilots/Nerds/Geeks

240353Z AUTO 00000KT 10SM CLR M03/M06 A3009 RMK AO2

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the first third of this bowl of Wilke Surbrug’s Golden Sceptre in a late 40s, early 50s straight black sandblasted Wagner British Thorn 495 (Comoy’s second) pot with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
 Wagner_pot.jpg

DKpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 14, 2023
Denmark
Rainy, who cares! LOL 😆

You’re living in the land of the Great Dane Pipe Carvers! ❤️

Man, if I lived near Tom, or the Danish Pipe Shop, I’d hanging out in these places, not giving a crap about the rain.

You lucky bastard! Well, I guess lucky, if you live close by, but Denmark isn’t that big.

Oh yahh!

We have many excellent carvers nearby :)

Actually I live pretty close to the Danish Pipe Shop. It only takes 30 - 45 min. to get there. It's dangerous close (just ask my wife) :eek:

We have another rainy day here, so I plan to drive by "the Shop" today - I'm running a little low on tobacco (again).

Do you want to join me :LOL::ROFLMAO:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty Jazz apple, and am passing the half way mark on this bowl of 1960s Philip Morris Revelation in a mid-1970s smooth brown medium bend Ed Burak Connoisseur bulldog with an acrylic black saddle stem. Finished that art job! :)
Ed_Burak_Connoisseur_Bulldog.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking 1960s Edgeworth Ready Rubbed in a medium bend dark brown 2017 Don Warren 17 smooth straight grain rough top Dublin with a multi-brown cumberland stem and ferrule in the military mount style. I'll probably end the day with this smoke.
DWarren_2017.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Second bowl of G&H brown bogie, let it dry for a day and it managed to stay lit for awhile. Gonna let my next bowl sit out for two days. Like the taste but not the relights. In a clay View attachment 211693
@Backwoods Briar I found the twist difficult to keep lit. Going to rub it out a bit more ready for my smoke-off with @Ahi Ka. Going to find a beer garden with a smoking shelter for my entries.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
No pictures, but I had bowls of C&D Visions of Celephaïs and H&H WhiteKnight today. Both a little lackluster as I'm still getting over a cold, but no off flavors, either.

One concern with not being able to taste as much is that it's a lot easier to burn my tongue before I've realized it! I think I'll make a "rule" to set a bowl aside for later if I can't taste much, or it tastes funny. No sense in overworking a tired palate.
@ThermionicScott Get well soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.