PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BriarsAndBottles

Can't Leave
Sep 4, 2022
Hercules, California
To me it doesn’t taste like dark Virginia nor does it taste like Perique, what it does taste like I can’t explain. The sample I’m smoking is 3 years old and I have smoked it at many moisture levels, including bone dry, and the mouth feel and the flavor never changes. Simply not enjoyable to me on any level. Marlin Flake is supposed to be a companion to Old Gowrie, but I see no resemblance at all. I actually like Old Gowrie quite a bit.
I’m with you. Old gowrie isn’t complicated, buts it’s one I reach for when I don’t wanna overthink it, and just want a nice predictable smoke

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
Hampton Roads in my Alden 4 square.

1-E5-C020-C-9-A05-41-B6-82-ED-745-BDBCFF8-C7.png

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, wild caught catfish and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm near the half way mark on this bowl of Seattle Pipe Club Hogshead in a well appreciated medium bend, smooth brown 1950s Peterson 999 Dublin chubby Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Strangest baseball game I've ever watched, and I've seen/listened to/ played in around 15,000 games in my life.
Peterson_999_Rhodesian-Dublin.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Approaching the last third of this bowl of Wilke Lizzie Blood Virginia in a straight black with burgundy undertone sandblasted early 1960s Lane era Charatan 420 billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. This Braves game has turned into a real classic. Communty Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Charatan_billiard_420.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple and am passing the quarter mark on this bowl of year 2018 Sutliff Dunhill Elizabethan Match in a straight smooth brown 1960s-70s BBB Own Make 506 Canadian with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Going to work now.
BBB_Own Make 506 Canadian.jpg

DesertDan

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 27, 2022
Tucson, AZ
No name briar calabash stuffed with LJP Tashkent.
What a delightful blend, I understand why many hold it in such high regard.
I have bought a collection of LJ Peretti samples and this is the first I've tried. Looking forward to working through the lot but I will be getting a larger supply of Tashkent.

Status
Not open for further replies.