PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Cigar Time - Oliva Serie V Melanio

Just finished planning for a very ambitious road trip for the family for the spring break. We will be staying in Fayetteville, NC - Orlando, FL - Tykes Island, GA and Rocky Mount, NC. Lots of ambitious driving everyday (On some days it is 550+ miles)

The highlight for me in the trip - Smoking a pipe and cigar while watching the sunset at Tykes Island ?
What takes you to Rocky Mount? My NC manager lives very close to there, we do a fair amount of business there and in the area. Stop in at Pipes by George in Raleigh if you have a few extra minutes.

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
Is that a cherry in your Ardbeg glass? Just curious!
I had to go back and look at the picture I posted. It does look like a cherry.
However, it is the distortion through the liquid and glass of the cotton runner my wife has on the granite countertop that is Creating this image. I can’t imagine ruining a wonderful scotch with a cherry. The thought of it is rather disturbing. ?
This wonderful Quiet Nights with the scotch is absolutely sublime!
Have a great evening!

mikecronis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2021
First of all, I'd like to say Jiminks is brilliant.

Going through Mac Baren's 7 Seas right now. So far none are jaw-dropping but are very good regardless. I'm reviewing them on the tobacco reviews section.

As for my pipes, I'm playing around with my Peterson Pub and House pipes, but I have a nice carved Nording that is intriguing. For fun, I bought a Bullfrog with the cap-lid.

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
I had to go back and look at the picture I posted. It does look like a cherry.
However, it is the distortion through the liquid and glass of the cotton runner my wife has on the granite countertop that is Creating this image. I can’t imagine ruining a wonderful scotch with a cherry. The thought of it is rather disturbing. ?
This wonderful Quiet Nights with the scotch is absolutely sublime!
Have a great evening!
Thanks! Somehow I feel better now...
If you like the 10 year old, it's worth trying their Quarter Cask, aged a bit longer in smaller casks (more contact with wood).

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
First of all, I'd like to say Jiminks is brilliant.

Going through Mac Baren's 7 Seas right now. So far none are jaw-dropping but are very good regardless. I'm reviewing them on the tobacco reviews section.

As for my pipes, I'm playing around with my Peterson Pub and House pipes, but I have a nice carved Nording that is intriguing. For fun, I bought a Bullfrog with the cap-lid.
Thank you for the very kind words.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Dammit! We were just getting over what we thought had been bad colds, coughing, sneezing and producing enough snot to fill an Olympic sized pool, and we decided to go re-test for Covid. Linda was again Negative but, I was Positive! SOB!
My immune system isn't as strong as my wife's.
Only I have had a serious diminution of smell and taste and a massive headache. Therefore, no pipe smoking for a while.
But I'll keep lurking, as I very much enjoy your posts.
You guys, get vaxed and boosted, as that's what kept us from winding up in the hospital, according to our doctors.
Stay well.
@dino I've had my booster jab now. Keeping my fingers crossed!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
No booze or pipeweed tomorrow!
Keeping the soldiers rations I've bought from @Birddog66 sealed until the re-enactment events!
I'll be taking my Jamestown clay pipe with me to the Jamestown & Redcoats and Revolutionaries events.
One of the R&R reenactors at last year's event said "You can afford tobacco; you must have money to burn!"

Status
Not open for further replies.