PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
Gosh, sorry, I had a brain short-circuit. You're drinking Ardbeg, but it's Laphroaig that makes the Quarter Cask. They're both heavily peated Islay style (and down the road from each other), so I still think you'd like it. Just clarifying.
Ah yes, I’ve purchased Laphroaig cask strength before. It is absolutely wonderful. One of the first Islay Scotches I ever drink.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011

Gawith Hoggarth & Co.: Dark Plug in a Meer...​

oJQUpmI.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
GLP Barbary Coast -- burley, Virginia, Perique and brandy -- in a Savinelli long-stemmed Prince of Wales, prince shape of course, with an amber swirl stem. I get to assemble the stylish blini, creme fresh, smoked salmon, and salmon caviar. I think there's some white wine chilling to pair with them. In contrast to my making cheeseburgers for lunch with Lager.

What takes you to Rocky Mount? My NC manager lives very close to there, we do a fair amount of business there and in the area. Stop in at Pipes by George in Raleigh if you have a few extra minutes.
I chose it as a place to sleep, as it was about mid-point between Tykes island and my home. I will try to hit up Raleigh if possible, but it is a bit off the way. However this gives me an idea - Change my layover from Rocky Mount to Raleigh. Then I can possibly visit the Pipes by George ?

Status
Not open for further replies.