PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I’ve been trying some Va’s that have been on the shelf for a while and I’m just not digging them still, ‘20 Yorktown earlier and now ‘21 Capstan Flake Blue. They either bite or taste like lawn clippings to me unless they’re well stoved. There’s some I enjoy, mostly by Esoterica and a couple of Germain’s but not enough to think “Ooh I must have a bowl of that right now”. I’ll keep going back and trying them occasionally because my palate does change but this Capstan, although it’s not biting, is just kinda meh. Having it in a Kaywoodie Straight Grain.
On deck is some 2013 GH Rum Twist that I found earlier, in a ‘39 Yello Bole with propeller logo. View attachment 285977
@Birddog66 I think the Capstan suits the King's Clay! I've mixed the Villiger Jamaican & OTC Burley together to make it more palatable; would you like me to send you some when I send your baccy?

Kingsley

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2020
PA
IMG_8818.jpeg
Bowl thirteen in the micro-speckled acorn yesterday, Ampersand Flake, nice seven or so mile walk through the countryside and the surrounding woods.
Had the following fourteenth pipeful today, Brown Clunee, surprisingly better in the acorn’s wider chamber than I thought it might be. Hope you all are doing well!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a second set of walking reps on this sunny, chilly and windy day, and smoked a bowl of year 2015 D&R A.B. Rimboche in an undated slight bend, smooth flame grain Wessex Standard egg with a brown accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem.
Wessex_bent.jpg

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
Had a great day- very productive. Morning animal chores, made sourdough bread and some hamburger buns. Finished the last of the leaf debris in the front and side yard area.
Time for a well deserved break.
Dr. Grabow vintage Cob with WCC American Cut Plug Mixture. Glass of water riding shotgun.
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.