PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I'm starting off the month with a bowl of Wilke No. 111 in a straight smooth medium brown 2016 Brigham Klondike 16 bulldog with a tapered black acrylic stem. Listening to Our Miss Brooks as I work. M'lady's feeding the ferals at the moment.
Brigham_Klondike16_bulldog.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a little low calorie snacking, and am smoking D&R Penhooker Silver in a straight smooth brown undated pre-Republic Peterson Shamrock 263 Canadian with a nickel band and a tapered black p-lip stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Shamrock263.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of year 2016 Sutliff Revelation Match in a straight smooth brown pre-WWII Kingsway (Comoy’s) London Made 61 Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Finished that story except for touch ups which I'll probably do tomorrow.
Comoy's_Kingsway_Canadian61.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of D&R Windsail in a straight smooth brown undated (1940s?) Orlik Reject London Made 0 bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle stem. All the regular ferals are inside for now, and what ends up happening will determine whether or not I have another smoke before bed time.
Orlik Reject 0 bulldog.jpg

It’s been a quiet day with the ferals. About thirty minutes ago, I heard the unnamed bushy tail striped feral moaning loudly. I went outside and Abner the Eager was at the door. I let him to eat, but the moaning didn’t stop. Then, I saw Sam the Scamp next to bushy tail stripes. They always seem to get along with each other, and I’ve seen them together several times. I got Sam and brought him inside in hopes that B.T.S. would come to me since it stayed on the deck with me outside. I put food down, and it started coming to me, but I moved my foot, and that move apparently scared it away. A few minutes later, I tried again, and it just stood there while I talked to it. Then, it started backing away and looking towards my right when it heard Tomato the Brave. It ran under the deck lounge and would not come out. I let Tomato in the house, but I was never able to get B.T.S. to come near me again. That’s about the way it goes.
Unnamed_Close_Stare.jpg
Unnamed_LNLounge1.jpg
Unnamed_LNLounge2.jpgUnnamed_Stare_window2.jpg

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
Yesterday I finally pulled out a sample of Old Gowrie I hand. Smoked it in a ser jacopo. For me it was tasty but just a little light. It reminds me of St Bernard Flake with a nice bready flavor with perique interplay to add interest.

Today Im comparing it to hal o the wynd. I think I prefer the darker and deeper flavor of HOTW. To me, while it is good, OG taste like tobacco on a diet. Then again, I dont get cranked up by straight light virginias either. For the cellar I will likely stick with HOTW, ST Bernard, Salty dogs, and some HU for Vapers and of course marlin flake.

1706783935574.jpeg

HOTW in an Il Ceppo

1706783962838.jpeg

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I did NOT go out (yet) and walk this a.m. It's too damned cold! So I'm breaking my house rule and having a bowl of Match VIP in my Kaywoodie Prime Grain 99B. This pipe is weird. Its shank and stem are asymmetrical. One side is a heavy sixteenth of an inch larger. It had to have been hand made. The wood is amazing and the pipe smokes like a dream.

Attachments

• WIN_20240201_07_20_30_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20240201_07_20_30_Pro.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 11
  • WIN_20240201_07_20_00_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20240201_07_20_00_Pro.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 12

Cloozoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 1, 2023
Missed out on my mandated two smokes/day of my meer yesterday so starting the day off with it so I can squeeze in four. Wouldn't want to fail to keep a commitment I had made to myself for the very first time in my life.

Pipe Force VI. I like this stuff

IMG_6412.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.