PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
I’ve been trying some Va’s that have been on the shelf for a while and I’m just not digging them still, ‘20 Yorktown earlier and now ‘21 Capstan Flake Blue. They either bite or taste like lawn clippings to me unless they’re well stoved. There’s some I enjoy, mostly by Esoterica and a couple of Germain’s but not enough to think “Ooh I must have a bowl of that right now”. I’ll keep going back and trying them occasionally because my palate does change but this Capstan, although it’s not biting, is just kinda meh. Having it in a Kaywoodie Straight Grain.
On deck is some 2013 GH Rum Twist that I found earlier, in a ‘39 Yello Bole with propeller logo. image.jpg

Cloozoe

Lifer
Sep 1, 2023
Sam's flake in my meerschaum, but since I have a mandate to smoke it a minimum of twice a day, pictures of it are getting tired.

Instead I thought I'd share a picture of my newly, radically condensed pipe drawer; twenty pipes I like to smoke.

IMG_6445.jpeg

Left hand and center column are all Dunhills, arranged by shape/size and ranging in vintage from 1931 to 1999. Right hand column shows two Italian pipes, a Japanese pipe, two Danish pipes and the meer I'm smoking now.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2018
Athens, Greece
In this part of the world it is night already, so it's time for Latakia: SG Squadron Leader in a MM Corn Cob pipe which is called "Dagner poker" and was very popular a few years back, pehaps it still is. I purchased it some months after its introduction to the market. I liked the pipe but... it gurgled. This, I did not like. Then, I watched a video of Scott from Aristocob. He had the same problem and suggested changing the stem with a longer one. I tried and indeed the problem was solved, so I'm thankfull. By the way: I wonder if this good, always smiling man, is doing well... I sure hope so!
Have a good rest of your Tuesday good people!

SG Squadron Leader - MM Corn Cob pipe.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.