Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
So, you’re like almost 400 years old…?
@craig61a I went to the Sealed Knot re-enactment a couple of weeks ago:)
It felt like I'd gone back in time when I had a pint and a clay with one of the re-enactors in the beer garden (without a police box or a DeLorean) especially with the church bells in the background:)
I was smoking GH brown twist in my Old Dominion Jamestown clay and drinking a pint of Robinson's Unicorn out of my pewter tankard.

isaac liu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 30, 2022
China wuhan
This cold Sunday morning, I am drinking hot coffee and smoking GH Balkan Mixture in the MM Dagner corn cob pipe. It gurgled, so I placed a longer stem and the problem was solved, nice pipe.
The carpet that can be seen below, was inherited to me by my grandmother's (mother of my father) side. According to information it was bought/made in Istanbul. There is a date on it: 1896!
A few years back, a metal cover for Bic lighter (small size) was given to me. I liked it a lot and I started searching for similar covers for the normal size Bics, since it is the lighter I mostly use. By "searching" I mean in real shops, flea markets etc, both locally and abroad. My ladies (the older and the younger one) were also searching for me. No result. Before a couple of months, I saw a post in our local forum and a pipe friend was using such a lighter. He is an "expert" in discovering objects of desire, related to our hobby and a really nice guy. He advised me and I ordered online. On Friday I received the package from "the land of we have/make everything you need" at the Far East.
So, now I am very happy with my new lighters - thank you Gerasimos and P.R.C. industry!
Ah, the joy of little things!

A happy Sunday to all of you good people!

View attachment 199982
View attachment 199983
View attachment 199984
Just checked the price of this cover, 5 for 10 euros. I hope they don't sell you too expensive.
I once bought a similar brass protective case. I underestimated the thickness of the cover. It weighs 63 grams, so it has never really been used.WechatIMG272.jpeg

reloader

Lifer
Dec 5, 2021
Southern, NM
Hey @reloader, I see you're really enjoying your foray into the Falcon world.
Its going to make a great travel pipe with the three bowls. I've tried it with and without the dry rings. I was surprised that I liked it better with the rings. The draw is nice and open and it really doesn't smoke that different than a standard briar. I won't give up my other pipe and go exclusively Falcon but they are great pipes. Really like the meerschaum bowl she got me. Only three smokes with that and can already see the color developing.

UncleRasta

Lifer
Sep 26, 2019
Monterey, CA
Its going to make a great travel pipe with the three bowls. I've tried it with and without the dry rings. I was surprised that I liked it better with the rings. The draw is nice and open and it really doesn't smoke that different than a standard briar. I won't give up my other pipe and go exclusively Falcon but they are great pipes. Really like the meerschaum bowl she got me. Only three smokes with that and can already see the color developing.
I've always feared the bowls may be too small though I've never seen a Falcon in the flesh, only online. I don't really like anything shorter than a 30-minute smoke so that has held me back from pulling the trigger a few times. Also, how hot does the stem get?

reloader

Lifer
Dec 5, 2021
Southern, NM
I've always feared the bowls may be too small though I've never seen a Falcon in the flesh, only online. I don't really like anything shorter than a 30-minute smoke so that has held me back from pulling the trigger a few times. Also, how hot does the stem get?
I haven't found the stem to get hot so far. I went to the site she purchased them from and looked at the dimensions of the chambers. All pretty standard. Some of the bowls did have slightly larger chambers. The bulldog bowl is the smallest of the three and it provided about a 30 min smoke. The meerschaum is the largest chamber and I get around 45 from that. If they go on sale I'd say give it a shot. I'm sure some of the members who smoke them more can give a better pitch for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.