PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertDan

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 27, 2022
Tucson, AZ
New Morgan "Bones" OD Bent Billiard stuffed with Drucquer & Sons Loch Ness.
First time smoking Loch Ness. A nice strong "Scottish" blend with a bit of spice and some nicotine.
I'd like to try some more of these blends, but I'll definitely grab a couple more tins of Loch Ness for the cellar

The Bones pipe is the smallest pipe I own. It has a surprisingly large bowl, but this leads to it being rather thin walled. Loch Ness definitely burns hot, so the pipe got a bit uncomfortable to hold. I'll have to find some cooler-burning blends for this one.

I need to try this blend in my long-stemmed pipes, I think it may help to cool the smoke a bit.

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
Had a smoke in one of those airport smoking cabins at Cape Town. Irish cask in my Kiko. No chairs no drinks, the once quite comfortable smoking lounge where we used to get a gin tonic in those days before Covid is gone. At least you can puff a few clouds ☁️ Into the aircon. Heading to the northern hemisphere. Considering to buy danish snuff for the 12 hours flight.

View attachment 206231

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
Resuming a bowl of Peterson Flake (fully rubbed out) in my Peterson 80s bulldog that I started last night. It’s smoking really nicely with matches and finger-tamping only. One tobaccoreviewer believed that Dunhill Light Flake had/has a small amount of molasses in the casing/topping. If true, perhaps that explains a similar note I get between this Flake, ERR Match, and some hookah tobaccos I’ve enjoyed in the past. A big stretch, I know. 😁

E139DE2F-F404-44BC-9BF0-77C15ADDA513.jpeg

P.S. Oh shit, wrong thread. It's March!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.